Widowed || Ben simmons part 3

Vera/ your pov:

I was in shock as Bens phone went to voicemail for the thousandth time. It's been like for that for 2 weeks now he hasn't called or reached out since we hooked up that night.

Well, I wouldn't say hooked up. It was more than that well to me it felt like that. I have no clue how he feels since I can't get in contact with him.

Yes, I get that he's a busy man. But if he really wanted something further with me, than he has to meet me halfway or, make some time of compromise you feel me.

Maybe he got cold feet, and wasn't ready as he thought and Jaseh scared him off.

Or was it me? Was I the dilemma?

"I can tell you're beating yourself up about this V, stop it." My cousin Mercedes insists. She places a consoling hand on my shoulder but I shrug her off.

Her face falls at this."No I'm not, and I don't want your pity cedes. If Simmons is the one then he'll find his back to me."

Call me delusional , but a small part of me had a little faith and hope in him that he would come to his senses and come back to me.

Because I reached out to god and let's just say this man does wonders.

God is good.

"You really like this lightskin." She stared at me, hand on her cheek as she was leaned on the counter.

I tried to lie but she sent me a look.

"Yes...." I confess and huff in defeat. I tried fighting it so long but it was useless. I like Ben Simmons.

Damn my parents most definitely scold me for catching feels for a athlete.

Especially a nba player. NBA players are the biggest hoes. Some of them.

She giggled in delight and scooped me up hugging me." Vera's got a crush!" She sung in a singsong tone making me mug her and laugh.

"Mama you better not be liking any boys." Jaseh emerged from down the stairs. He stood in front of us rubbing the sleep from his eyes making his aunt laugh.

I couldn't take that boy seriously one bit. Sooner or later he was gonna snap out of his protective mode. But I love that his a mamas boy. Cause he my baby.

"And so what if I do lil man what you finna do." I cross my arms staring at him bemused.

"See and you'll find out."

I rolled my eyes playfully and continued talking to his aunt until the doorbell rung.

"Cedes, can you get that?" I ask since I was in the cabinet preparing the ingredients for General TSOs chicken.

That shit goes hard.

She mumbles something to herself and hurls herself off the couch

I hum crazy in love by Beyoncé to myself before I heard Mercedes loud voice cursing someone out.

Confused, I rush to her only to find out why she was acting like a Chihuahua.

"Oh. What do you want?" I eyed him and he was fiddling with his hands. A habit he does wanna he's nervous but I don't give a damn.

"I-"

"You know what? It doesn't matter goodbye." I try to shut the door on his face but, he places his foot against the door preventing it from closing.

"Would you let me explain?" He finally blurted out and I narrow my eyes at him.

I'm pretty sure Mercedes was also giving him a death stare.