Good to be with you part 2 ||Devin Booker

Essence- you

Backstory- You and Devin have been best friends since god knows how long you've been through everything with him  the growth spurt, first period, first boyfriend first heartbreak. He was like your back bone everybody knew y'all too well, but when Devin got drafted to the Phoenix sun's everything changed including your friendship. You guys stopped talking and it was like you guys were never soulmates at all. It's only until you see a photo of him with Kendall on social media is what makes you reach out.

 It's only until you see a photo of him with Kendall on social media is what makes you reach out

NOBODY'S POV

AFTER DEVIN HAD came home that night, he was instantly faced with backlash for being out so late let alone with Essence.

Kendall was beyond furious she wouldn't talk to him for days after this and she's giving him the silent treatment.

Which was childish because Devin constantly assured her that their relationship was harmless at least to him.

"Can you pass me the milk ken?" Devin asked his girlfriend. She looked up from her phone and thought for a moment, then went back to what she was doing.

"You know ignoring me isn't gonna solve this." Devin huffed as he snatched the milk from where she was pouring it into his bowl.

"What's that... Is someone talking to me?" She cups her ear pretending as if she was deaf.  Devin rolled his eyes fed up with pettiness.

He slammed the milk carton on the counter creating a loud bang, this caused Kendall to flinch.

"Enough Kendall! I tried being considerate of your feelings, but now you're just pissing me off. Stop being a child!" Devin berated, projecting his voice to get his message across.

It was like viewing a dragon burst into flames, the inner anger inside of him had bursted. he was furious and curious as to why she was being like this.

"Me being a child?— I'm sorry but you don't get to tell me how to feel as I watch my alleged boyfriend fall for someone else." She snapped back, glaring daggers at the Phoenix sun star.

Devin took a step forward accompanying her on the side other side of the counter. His tall figure towers over 5'10 one like a crane.

"You must be on some crack or something." He laughed straight in her face and she squinted at him.

"Me on crack? You've got the wrong sister I know you're in love Essence however my dumb ass decided to stay with you."She sulks, crossing her arms.

Devin couldn't help but crack a little grin at how oblivious she was being.

"Me in love Essence? Nah you've got it all wrong mamas. Essence is my girl, but ion see her like that. She's like my sister." He pointed out but this still made Kendall sceptical.

"The way you look at her is definitely not sister like. Quit being in denial with yourself Devin. You're in love with her, not me." She clarified and he groaned." And when you realise that, then I'll stop ignoring you. But for now I'm not sleeping in the same bed as you."