Give peace a chance part 1

Blake laid on her bed beside her wife, the day before was just filled with drama and struggles. A patient died because of a simple mistake, a mistake that could have been rectified, of course everyone made mistakes and yet .. yesterdays was the most telling. She sighed rolling onto her side and pulled Meredith into her chest. She pecked her head softly "I love you." She whispered not truly expecting a reply but Meredith spoke sleepily

"I love you too." She muttered.

Blake smiled and finally closed her eyes , letting the day before worries wash over her.

••••••••

Ask most surgeons why they became surgeons, and they usually tell you the same thing. It was from the high, the rush, the thrill, that comes from cutting someone open, and saving their lives. For me, it was different.

Blake pulled on her jacket, smiling slightly at the moody woman in bed. Watching her with her arms folded.

"Still upset I won't impede your recovery by having sex honey?" She asked with a small smile.

Meredith rolled her eyes "It's ridiculous, the incision site is healing, no chance of tears. We can have sex."

Blake hummed and walked over to the bed and kissed Meredith softly, their simple kiss turned more passionate when Meredith grabbed Blake's neck and pushed her tongue inside Blake's mouth.

When they both felt the urge to breath, Blake broke away slightly breathless , while Merediths eyes were dark "Skip work today and you can have me all day baby."

Blake snickered and pecked Meredith softly "Mm.. Can't honey. Although I would love nothing more.." she sighed softly and kissed Meredith again "I love you. And take care of yourself today okay?"

Maybe it's because I grew up as an only child? Well yes definitely because of that. As a child the house was silent, and I liked it, that's what drew me to Surgery more than just saving lives, having a moment of absolute silence .. before being gods little helpers.

Blake walked beside Christina into the hospital. "you good ?" She asked looking to the woman beside her.

Yang looked up "What? Did Meredith say something?"

Blake shrugged "I think it's obvious, you need a cardio god." She said quietly "I mean—""

Christina scowled "Your wife is dead, as soon as her liver grows back, she's dead." She said stalking off into the hospital.

Blake watched her leave with a chuckle. When she entered the hospital she found a few people around Richard who was giving a speech about a new scheduling computer.

She found Bailey rolling her eyes "another change."

Blake blinked "Can't be that bad?" She asked quietly

Bailey scoffed "A computers doing our scheduling, shepard complained about his entire schedule being redone."

Blake hummed "Well shepard has been complaining about everything lately, besides Dr.Sloan seems a convert to this new system." She chuckled "Though his approval doesn't really count for much.."

Bailey laughed softly "Go, and deal with Shepard's patients. It looks like he and the chief will be getting into it again." She muttered gesturing to the chief and Derek. Richard was walking away from him while Derek followed him.

Blake chuckled "Yup. I'll go do just that." She paused "Can I take little Blake for the weekend? I've got a super fun day planned?"

Baileys eyes softened "Depends does this day mean my son is going to be overloaded with candy?"