Free falling

The baby monitor in Meredith and Blake's room crackled to life with Zola's cries echoing through it. Blake was up almost immediately as she sleepily made her way to Zola's room.

"It's my turn baby.." Meredith said groggily but Blake waved her off and went to the bedroom beside theirs. She found her daughter up and crying. She picked her up and moved out of the room down to the kitchen while bouncing Zola up and down. The process was mechanical as she made Zola her bottle.

Blake checked her diaper and noticed it was clean so the little girl was just hungry  "Mm there you go love.." she murmured softly and fed her daughter before trailing up the stairs and passing Lexie.

"I can't have sex with a baby crying.." she said and Blake rolled her eyes.

"Don't have sex then." She said and walked into Zola's room. She took a seat on the rocking chair. With her daughter drinking the bottle..

"Yeah.. just a bit hungry Mm." She murmured.

•••••••

Meredith woke up when her alarm went off , she rolled over and found Blake's side of the bed cold. She frowned and got up, before she went downstairs she checked in Zola's room.

She found Blake asleep in the rocking chair with Zola on her chest, both sleeping peacefully. She smiled the sight before moving over to her wife and kissed her softly "Honey.." she said quietly

Blake blinked awake "Ah I fell asleep again?"

Meredith chuckled "Mm come I'll get her and get her ready for daycare go take a shower.."

Blake hummed and kissed Meredith before kissing their daughter "Good morning."

Meredith smiled "Morning, Cristina's already up making breakfast."

Blake laughed "What cereal?"

•••••••••

SGH lift

"You coming to this breakfast thing?" Asked Callie as she balanced Sofia on her lap while Blake was holding Zola and Meredith was making faces to entertain the girls.

Blake groaned "I want to skip it, if people are going to congratulate one more time.. ugh I might literally die."

Meredith snickered "mama's overreacting isn't she? Mm yes she is.."

Blake frowned "No mama is for sure not overreacting, in fact She's reacting perfectly normally, it's annoying and have you seen those starry eyed interns Ugh.."

Callie and Arizona burst out laughing "Well you're this hospitals newest Harper Avery winner the last one was uh Ellis Grey , so people are going to stare especially interns."

Meredith hummed "Yeah.. baby, they're right just smile and wave.."

Blake rolled her eyes "No more penguins of Madagascar for you mer, I swear Zola doesn't even watch it, you do."

Meredith grinned "it's hilarious.. and Zola does enjoy the penguins don't you honey.."

The group made it off the lift and Meredith took Zola from her arms "I'll drop her off today, you've got that thing with the chief before that breakfast thing."

Blake grunted "Ugh." She muttered and kissed Zola's head "I'm going to miss you so much, be sure to kick anyones ass who messes with you yeah? And make sure to watch Sofias back too."