A big leap

A/N everything in this chapter will be made up, I have no idea whether it will work or what happens I'm just making my own shit up as I go, so uh don't go and cross reference it with a real trial ...😂

Papers were scattered around the dining room table as Blake paced up and down, she rubbed her forehead, trying to get a hold of her nerves, within a few hours she would present her findings and research to the NIA for a grant. Thankfully mark and Lexie kept their traps shut and hadn't said a single word.

"Whoa what the hell happened in here.." Jackson asked as he walked into the dining room staring at the mess on the table.

Blake rubbed her hands together nervously "I'm never nervous you know for a presentation but for gods sake today it seems like my nerves has taken it to a whole new level. And now I'm not just nervous but ultra nervous.." she muttered "What if I mess up? What if get the numbers wrong.. god.. I'm way in over my head.."

Jackson walked back out and brought his cousin a cup of coffee and put it into her hands "Okay I'm not sure why you freaking out but you'll be good, you'll do good.. and whatever this is , you'll kick ass. Just breath, breath and it'll be fine.."

Blake blinked rapidly and took a sip of her coffee "Jackie if I get this, man .. I'm going to be swamped with work."

Jackson hummed and tried peeking at the papers but bake stoped him "Nuh uh. Don't touch them. And don't try and see what it's for" more feet sounded on the stairs and Blake moved to pack up all the papers in order.

"You need to start taking something for your nightmares Jackie." She mentioned off handedly.

Jackson grunted in slight agreement "Yeah."

••••••••••

Blake walked beside Meredith "If we want to start a family our house guests are going to start looking for their own place Meredith. We have four extra rooms and right how each of those rooms are being occupied. We live in a frat house." She mumbled trying to keep her mind off her presentation later.

Meredith hummed absently "Have you heard anything from Cristina yet?"

Blake looked at her wife "No, in fact all I know is the chief said that he's holding off sending the letter notifying the board of Medicine that yangs quit the program."

Before Meredith could answer Richard walked up to them, he was dressed in crisp new suit "Conference room 3." He said,

Blake stared at the man "Sir you look more nervous than I feel." She said slightly amused. Before her face fell slightly "Do I have to dress up too? Or can I stay in my scrubs and coat?"

Richard chuckled "Yes that's fine, within an hour. Your friend.. uh Winn? Has already come and started setting up."

Blake nodded "Yeah.. he's always early,"

While Meredith looked confused "What's happening in conference room 3?" She asked lost by the entire conversation.

Richard smiled lightly "Hopefully taking my our hospital to a new level." He said and walked off "An hour Carmichael."

Blake nodded "Yes sir." She turned to Meredith "Have a good day babe, I'll see you later yeah." She winked and tried walking off but Meredith pulled her back and pulled her into a kiss.

"Tell me." She all but ordered

Blake grinned "Mm you're hot when you're demanding and we'll definitely explore that a bit later but I have to go darling." She winked and ran off.

•••••••

Conference room

"So I'll be right here, we have everything prepared, when you get to the stage where you're providing the images , that's where this little baby comes in." Winn said patting his creation proudly. It was small and designed slim.