An old friend

Meredith rounded the corner "Hey." She leaned against the Nurses station and stared at her girlfriend who scribbled away on the chart, her glass slipping from the bridge of her nose. She had to admit she preferred Blake wearing specs "I prefer you wearing them." She said with a small smile.

Blake raised her head, pushing up her glasses "Yeah?" She chuckled.

Meredith grinned "Yeah." Her smile fell "You okay?"

Blake shrugged "Im fine , just need a few hours of sleep and maybe a patient that's not trying to kill herself by waiting because of this fatalities thing."

Meredith sighed knowingly "Well my guys brain in bleeding because he stood still at the traffic light and didn't reach his desired number.. and then a car drove into him." She shook her head "Its crazy."

Blake snorted drily "Yeah? Maybe we should get your and my patient together, they seem to fit each others crazy."

Meredith smirked "We're good right?" She paused noticing Blake's furrowed brow "I mean we haven't talked all day, and you're cranky .. but we're good right?"

Blake looked whether there was anyone in the hall, when she was satisfied she stepped over and pulled Meredith into her arms "I'm a bitch when I'm tired, that's not your fault. So sorry but we're good love.." she paused and kissed Meredith's hair softly , inhaling the lavender conditioner "I do like lavender over the strawberry.. it's calming."

Meredith smiled into the hug and wrapped her arms tighter around Blake, enjoying the warmth and comfort it offered. "I love you." She whispered softly.

"I love you too Mer."

•••••••••••

OR 1 -

Meredith stepped over to the table while Christina rolled her eyes at their patient.

"Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck. Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck. Find a penny, pick it up..."

"We're going to put you under now.." said Christina nodding to the anesthesiologist

Meredith watched Jesse ignore her "give him a few more seconds Yang." She whispered and ignored the incredulous look from Christina. Jess continued when he finished he smiled satisfied

"I'm ready."

Christina nodded drily "good."

Derek stepped through the doors "It's a beautiful afternoon to save lives, people. Lets have some fun"

••••••••••••••
OR2

Blake shook her head and reached the OR Bailey was in "Dr.Bailey." She called from the door behind a mask.

When the woman turned to face her with a raised brow

"It's Nikki." She said grievously.

Webber nodded "Go Bailey."

Nikki's room

"She's bleeding out, we need to get her into the OR." Said Blake as they entered the room.

Nikki shook her head "No I'm not having the operation today."

Bailey groaned silently while Blake stepped closer to the girl, little lies, little mercies. She stared her right in the eye "Kevin called." She started capturing the woman's attention

"He did?"

Blake nodded "Yeah, he doesn't want you to die, so we're having that operation.."

The monitor flatlined, Blake moved over to grab the crash cart.