Transplant wasteland

Board room

Meredith, Callie, Derek , Arizona and Cristina was in the board room waiting for Jackson and Blake.

"Jackson and Blake really has a bigger say than any of us in running this hospital? That can't be true. Can it?"

Meredith grimaced "Look I get that you guys have problems but it's not like Blake or Jackson wanted this."

Callie raised a brow "Okay.. yes we depended on the foundation but still, it's strange."

Meredith sighed "Well it was either Blake become a board member or go work for Mass Gen."

"Not only do they have a vote, they can also veto ours." Derek said.

Meredith was probably the only one in the room that wasn't put out by the situation.

"This is ridiculous Jackson and Blake are fellows." Cristina added

Meredith snorted "So are you and so am I, are we really having this conversation when Blake saved the hospital from being closed down?"

Callie grimaced "Where is your wife?"

Meredith shrugged "She left home early this morning, probably went to her lab."

Callie sighed "Look I'm grateful for the infusion of cash but there's no way I'm going to let a plastics fellow and a Neuro fellow tell me how to run my service .."

Derek offered an apologetic smile to Meredith who looked like she had a few things to say "They're both smart , they'll follow our lead."

When the door opened Blake walked in followed by Jackson carrying pastries.

"Good morning." Blake greeted dully.

Jackson followed with Pastries "I'm sorry, guys. I was running on time, and then my last rounds' patient turned into a crier. Pow."

Blake took a seat at the head of the table and sipped her coffee while the others stared at her. "neither Jackson and I are Jesus— this is not the last meal you don't have to look like you're dying . What's on the agenda?" She asked dryly.

Meredith raised a brow "We were discussing reopening the ER and the trauma department."

Blake looked across the table "It's not as simple as reopening it. The numbers need to be looked at, a site visit conducted and once the foundation decides that it's set to be reopened it will be but not before."

Jackson looked slightly uncomfortable.

"We're a level one trauma center.." Arizona stated

"We were and then the hospital was sued and lost millions of dollars, right now we're not a trauma center because said department was shut down very publicly." Blake retorted evenly.

Jackson nodded "Right and we need to reassess the matter."

Cristina pursed her lips "I think we should bring Owen to the table. Uh, he'll have a lot of thoughts on this, too."

Jackson cleared his throat and glanced at Blake who offered him a slight nod "Uh that's the other thing."

Cristina squared her shoulders "What thing?"

Blake sighed inwardly "Given the fresh start the foundation feels that having new leadership would fit in with the agenda." She stated plainly "Reinstating Owen Hunt as Chief of Surgery doesn't speak to said fresh start."

Callie stood up "firing Owen ? Now way!"

Jackson frowned "The foundation feels.."

Cristina interrupted "Your mother."