Yunho - Tutor ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

A/n: really long. 2643 words..sorry🫣 high school au

_______________________________________________
┊┊┊┊ ➶ ❁۪ 。˚ ✧
┊┊┊✧ ⁺ ⁺  °
┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °
┊┊.
┊ ➶ 。˚   °
*. * ·

"And the final thing, Yunho, you are in jeopardy of not playing in the game." Coach Kim stopped talking to take in the reaction of the team, many of them supported shocked faces. "Sorry, Jeong, if you don't pass your upcoming test, you will fail and have to forfeit playing in the game." Yunho sighed, but he nodded his head.

"Dont worry, coach, I know a great tutor for this one, right Yunho." Mingi assured his coach, nudging his friend as he looked at him with a sly grin. Mingi's statement seemed to put the rest of the team at ease, knowing the tutor must be good, because he's never failed any classes.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

The football ace followed his red-headed best friend as they walked to the library instead of the gym after school. "Dont worry, coach said you could miss practice for this. I, however, owe laps when I get back. How unfair." Mingi explained, his long legs coming to a stop in front of a table where a brown-haired girl sat with two books opened, a laptop and a notebook. Yunho recognized her as the girl that was in a higher class than them, she was also frequently at the football matches for the boys and at volleyball games for girls. It made sense, since she was on the yearbook club and took photos. "Y/n~" Mingi spoke in a sing-song voice, alerting the girl that she was no longer studying by herself.

Y/n looked up to see her long-time friend, "Mingi, hi. What do you want?" Yunho could almost chuckle at the way her tone changed. Y/n saw Yunho, and recognized him, but she didn't give any reaction, seeing as she was where she's most comfortable and not his football field. Mingi nudged his teammate forward, "Well, this one here, needs someone to help him study for his next test." Finally acknowledging the football ace, Y/n looked over to him and smiled at him. "Hi, I'm Y/n Y/l/n. I tutor a lot of classmates in lower or the same class level as me, so I can't promise every day to you. Okay?" Mingi snickered, making the brown-haired girl roll her eyes, before getting up to push Mingi away, "Yeah, ok, Mingi, don't you have a field to run on and teammates to push?"

When he was finally gone, Y/n invited Yunho to sit with her. "So what class do you need help with, and when is the test?" She asked, closing her notebook and stacking her books together to show she was serious about helping him. "It's the last Thursday of the month, and for algebra." The athlete spoke for the first time in their meeting. Y/n nodded her head. "Huh, so you do speak. And oh my God, I loved that class."

"Ok, so how often do you want to study? I know you have practice every day, but I don't think your coach would mind you not being there, since you are really good. But if after school doesn't work for you, we can go during lunch or before school, I even have a free period before my last class." Y/n starts to bring up a schedule, seeing as it was still 3 weeks till his test, wanting to know how free she would be. "Wednesday's and Friday's are usually conditioning days, so I could do that after school. And I just sit with Mingi and they guys at lunch, so maybe we could meet up, if you don't mind them." Yunho informed her, seeming to be thinking over his own schedule in his head. "That sounds alright to me, now if you don't mind, I'm going to give you a quiz to see where you're at and what I'm working with." Y/n wrote out some questions, remembering what was being taught when she took the class, then handed the paper test to the male.

"Hey, not too bad, Yunho. You might just score a good grade with a couple of sessions after all." Y/n said, looking over his work. Yunho twirled the pen in his hand a couple of times, before Y/n caught his attention by checking her wristwatch. "Oh my god. I am so sorry, but I didn't realize the time; I have to go pick up some pictures, that are getting developed for the photography club." Seeing as he was only 20 minutes away from when he'd usually be returning from practice, Yunho offered to walk Y/n. "Uhm, sure. Yeah, that'd be perfect; I dont really like one of the employees there." Y/n put her things in her bag, and Yunho walked with her out of the library, to the print shop.