Saved

[GRACES POV]

Me and Happy were in the safe room, there wasn't much to do so I started combing through the files while Happy kept pacing back and forth

"You know pacing back and forth won't do us any good. This room was designed to withstand any threat."

"I'm thinking."

"Well you can think all you want but I think the best course of action is to just wait it out until dad gets home."

"And you're sure there is no way to contact your dad."

"No, they disabled JARVIS's system. If he was up and running he would have been able to trigger the silent alarm that goes directly to dad's phone and NYPD. But seeing as how dad hasn't come yet I don't think he's tried accessing JARVIS or the Stark servers."

"How would they be able to hack into JARVIS didn't your dad spend billions of dollars trying to perfect him?"

"I was kind of thinking about that earlier, I used JARVIS to hack into SHIELD servers and I was reading that Dr. Erik Selvig is a SHIELD asset and he has a lot of resources at his disposal that are currently rogue agents that were affected by this alien staff so I'm thinking that they must of reversed the hack and gotten into JARVIS's mainframe which controls a majority of anything Stark and disabled the panic alarm."

Happy just looked at me.

"You have no idea what I just said do you."

"Nope but one thing that I do know is that you're definitely your fathers kid."

All of sudden there a big shake.

"That's not good." I said pointing out the obvious.

"Ya think! They know we are in here and now they are trying to get in and we don't have any weapons to defend ourselves with."

There was another big shake. It looks like they are using a controlled explosive to try and get in.

"Okay umm, dad designed a safe pod."

"Yeah but it's completely useless without the navigation system we would be flying out blind."

"Yes but I've kind of been working on my own version of JARVIS."

"Kid I don't want to crush your dreams or anything but I've seen your allowance, it cost your dad billions to build JARVIS, you're expecting us to use a system built on 100 bucks a week?"

"Well I don't see you coming up with any other ideas."

There was another blast.

"Happy picked up some cans from the food supply that was in the room."

"Really Happy!"

"What do you expect from me I was in the middle of a Downton Abbey episode when we were forced to hide in here!'

"Ugh! Better that nothing I guess." I said as I picked up a few cans.

There was another blast and the secret doorway down the hall was knocked down. I was scared for my life when all of a sudden we heard gunshots going off, blasts, and thuds. A guy in tac gear dropped down to the floor. Huh? Suddenly a guy in a red white and blue uniform, along with my dad in his Iron Man suit appeared.

"Dad!" I said in shock and happiness. I ran and hugged him as he exited out of his suit.

"Hey kiddo! You okay?! Are you hurt?!" He said checking me to make sure I wasn't hurt.

"No we were able to get into the safe room before they found us." I said relieved.

"I'm fine too thanks." Happy said annoyed.

I looked to my dad's left and saw the handsome guy in the red white and blue uniform, I recognized him from the SHIELD files.

"You must be-"

"Steve." He said shaking my hand

"Grace. Thanks for saving us."

"Don't mention it kid."

"Dad what's going on?"

"What's going on is that you and Happy are getting the hell out of here."

"But dad-"

"No Grace this isn't up for debate." My dad said sternly with a sense of panic in him. Somethings wrong. I knew now wasn't the time to argue with him.

"Then were do we go?"

"It doesn't matter you can go wherever you want just get out of here. Get out of New York!"

Dad flew us out of the building and dropped us off at a the airplane hanger where he told Happy to fly us out of New York. We were headed to DC to meet with Pepper.

Little did I know the world would forever be changed.
____