Gala Pt. 2

We got to the venue. My dad and Pepper got out and walked the red carpet and talked to reporters and some photographers were taking some pictures. Me and Happy just walked inside to avoid that whole fiasco besides no one could really see me and my dad together or then they would start suspecting my connection to my dad.

 Me and Happy just walked inside to avoid that whole fiasco besides no one could really see me and my dad together or then they would start suspecting my connection to my dad

The fact that the event was televised didn't help either but he did have someone give specific instructions to the camera men to keep me out of any shots. My dad told me that if anyone asked me who I was tonight to just say I'm Happy's niece interning with Stark Industries. We tended to use that cover a lot since it wouldn't draw any attention or suspicion.

A server came up to me and Happy.

"Champagne?" The server offered and Happy took a glass.

"Don't mind if I do- hey!" I said grabbing a glass only for it to be swiped from my hand.

"Nice try." I heard my dad say. I turned around to see him smiling taking a sip of the glass.

"Worth a shot." I shrugged

"No alcohol for her she's underage." My dad instructed the server who nodded. He handed Pepper a glass of champagne before he left.

"Come on let's go take our seats the charity awards are about to begin." My dad said guiding us to the table in the very front of the stage of the venue.

We sat down at the table and I noticed that there were two empty seats next to us.

"Uh why are there two extra seats?"

"Well actually-ah here they are." My dad said standing up to his seat looking behind me.

"Hi sorry we're late." I heard a familiar voice say.

I turned around to see Peter in a black tuxedo and his Aunt May in a yellow dress.

"Not at all good to see you made it

"Not at all good to see you made it." My dad said hugging them both. I saw my dad whispered something in Peters ear and I saw Peter nodded.

He sat down next to me. I smiled.

"Hi." I said.

"Hey. You look beautiful." He said as he took his seat next to me. His Aunt sat between Happy and me.

"You clean up nice too."

"Courtesy of your dad. He called me up and said if we would accompany you guys tonight."

"Well I'm glad he did I was worried I wouldn't have anyone to talk to besides Happy."

"Thank you for the necklace by the way, it's beautiful.

"Your welcome." He smiled. "So what typically happens in one of these events."

"Honestly I wouldn't know my dad never lets me come to these sorts of events. You know mainly cause he doesn't want people finding out he has a daughter."

"Yeah he mentioned something about how if anyone asks we're Stark Industries top interns invited tonight as special guests."

All of a sudden the lights dimmed and the announcer got up on stage. It was Kevin Hart. Oh this is gonna be a fun night. Last time I saw him was during my dads Comedy Central special, "The Roast of Tony Stark."

After about half an hour the awards ceremony awarded people for charitable contributions to the Stark Industries Relief Foundation, the September Foundation Grant, and some other one of my dads charities.

"For the next award I'd like to welcome our host who needs no introduction, the man, the myth, the legend, Captain Americ- I mean uh Tony Stark." Kevin Hart said making everyone in the room laugh and my dad to roll his eyes playfully. I actually suggested the joke to my dad and I guess he thought it was pretty funny and wanted it for his intro.

My dad walked up the stage while everyone cheered for him.

"Thank you Kevin for that uh, 'gracious' introduction." My dad said making people laugh. "You know this next award is for a charity very special to my heart. The Ella Foundation provides scholarships and programs for single mothers in America encouraging them to continue their education."

I smiled as my dad continued speaking. He created this charity in honor of my mom. When I told him how my mom accomplished becoming a doctor when I was just a baby and raising me as a single mom with no help he decided to honor her with this charity. I love it because even though my mom is gone this charity keeps her memory alive.

A tear rolled down my cheek and I felt someone hold my hand. I looked down to see Peters hand. I looked up and smiled at him.

"And without further ado this years Youth Philanthropist award for the Ella Foundation is......" My dad opened the envelope and looked up, "Grace Miller."

I was shocked. I thought my dad didn't want people to see me and him together. I looked over at Pepper to see what I should do and she nodded and titled her head towards the stage signaling me to go.

I got up and adjusted my dress and walked up stage. I hugged my dad and he whispered in my ear "Just go with it monkey. Just read the teleprompter. I love you."

I smiled and looked up to see people clapping and smiling at me.

"Thank you Mr. Stark."

God that was weird to say.

"I'm extremely grateful for the philanthropic work I have been able to pursue thanks to my student internship at Stark Industries and to Mr. Stark and Miss Pepper Potts. The Ella Foundation is also extremely close to my heart, and I appreciate all that it does to support mothers in America who want to pursue and further their education. I aspire for young people all throughout the country to share my enthusiasm for this cause. Tonight, I dedicate this award to my mother, who I know is beaming with pride as she watches from heaven. Thank You."

Everyone clapped and my dad helped me back to my seat as Kevin Hart took over.

"Thank you for that it really means a lot to me." I said to my dad from across the table.

"Your welcome monkey." He said returning me a smile.