Family Healing

[Tony's POV]

I saw Grace lying down in her bed with her back towards the door, probably for someone not to notice her crying, but I'm her dad, I know she was. I sat down next to her.

"Listen Grace you know I love you honey, you're my entire world and I couldn't imagine what life would be like if something happened to you. That's why I do what I do to protect you but I guess, it uh, doesn't necessarily seem that way."

She turned to look at me with tears in her eyes.

"Nothings been the same since New York. I experienced things, then they're over and I still can't explain them, gods, aliens, other dimensions, I'm just a man in a can. The only reason I haven't cracked up is probably because of you. Which is great. I'm lucky, I love you monkey. But monkey, I can't sleep. You got to bed, I go down to my lab. I do what I know...I tinker. Threat is imminent and I have to protect the one thing I can't live without, that's you. Honey I don't want you thinking that I and trying to distance myself from you. It kills me everyday you are gone. Maybe I could have went about things in a different way, but I'm going to do so now. You're moving back home, here..with me."

"Really?" She said with a glimmer of hope.

"Yes, I'm going to have someone go pick up your things."

"But there's just one thing. I'm going to go shut down Ultron but he knows about you, hell you helped built him, and I know that he's going to want to come after you, to get to me so until he's shut down Barton is going to take you somewhere."

"Dad you just said..."

"I know, I know but just hear me out for a second. You're not going to be alone, you're going to be staying with...Mrs. Barton."

"Mrs. Barton? Clint has a wife?" She said curiously.

"I know huh. I was just as surprised as you. But its actually not that bad Barton told me he actually has a couple kids just a little bit younger than you but would love to have some company over."

"And then...."

"And then you're going to be home."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

She smiled.

"Now pack a bag. Come on we're leaving in 20."

"Okay."

I got up to walk out the door but Grace pulled me into a hug.

"I love you dad."

"I love you too Grace."

___

[Grace's POV]

I packed a bag and walked downstairs and saw my dad and Clint.

"Ready to go kid?"

"Yeah."

"Pass me your phone." Clint said.

I gave it to him and he smashed it with his boot.

"Hey!"

"Ultron's on your network isn't he?" Clint asked

"Yeah."

"I'm not tech genius like the two of you but I do know is if this is on your network then he can track you and the whole point is to be off the grid. Any other tech hand it over."

I gave him my tablet and my laptop and he put them on the counter.

"Really you couldn't have just done that to my phone instead of smashing it?"

"Dramatic effect." He said shrugging his shoulder.

We got into a quinjet and left the tower.

"It's going to be a few hours out kid. Might want to get some shut eye."

I rested my head on a neck pillow I brought and fell asleep.

___

"Hey monkey? Wake up." My dad said shrugging my shoulder.

I woke up to see myself covered in a blanket.

"Grace? Hey kiddo we're 2 minutes out. Start gathering your things."

"Okay."

I got my things and we landed on this field on the mid of sunrise."

"Come on guys." Clint said leading the way. We walked to this farmhouse, it was secluded, I honestly didn't even know where we even were.

Clint opened the door. "Honey?"

A pregnant woman walked out the kitchen with a kitchen towel over her shoulder. It smelled like homemade blueberry pancakes.

"Hey, you're home." She said with a smile giving Clint a kiss and a hug.

"Where are the kids?"

"They're still sleeping but-"

"Daddy your home!" Two kids yelled running into the kitchen.

Clint hugged his kids and picked up his daughter. "Hi sweetheart, hey bud!"

The woman came up to me smiling embracing me in a hug, "You must be Grace, it's so nice to finally meet you!" She then went and hugged my dad. "Tony it's so nice to meet you, Clint's told me so much about you."

"Uh oh." Dad said sarcastically returning the hug. "Good things I hope."

"Ehhh." Clint joked as my dad rolled his eyes.

"Thank you so much for taking Grace in."

"Yeah of course she's welcomed any time, and trust me when I say she will be safe here."

"Definitely seems safe." I said, "and homey."

"Yeah Fury helped me set this up when I joined, kept it off SHIELD records, I'd like to keep it that way."

"Of course." My dad said.

"So are you guys staying for breakfast?" Mrs. Barton asked.

"Actually we have a bit of work to do but we'll be back in a few days."

My dad came up to me.

"I promise once this is over your back home with me." He said giving me a hug.

"Be careful dad."

"You too."

With that he and Clint left and took off in the quintet.
___