Coney Island

SATURDAY

I was in my room watching TV when I saw the time. 4:30. My dad was out of town and Happy was with him and Pepper was still at the office. I got ready and headed downstairs since I had asked one of the drivers to take me down to Coney Island.

I got in the car.

"Where to ma'am.?"

"Coney Island."

"Right away."

We got to Coney Island within 45 minutes. It was still a little early so I asked the driver to keep the car running for a bit.

________________________________

PETER 🕷️
I'm here. U?

GRACE
I'm here too.
I'll meet you by the main entrance.

PETER 🕷️
cool 😝

________________________________

I got off the car. "Do you mind coming back like around 8:30 please?" I asked the driver.

"Anything for you madam."

"Thank you! See you later!"

I closed the door and walked over to the main entrance where I spotted Peter.

"Hi Pete!" I said tapping on his shoulder since his back was towards me.

He turned around, "Hey Grace" he said with a smile.

"So this is Coney Island?" I asked

"Yup! I still can't believe you've never been here before."

"Well I'm happy I get to see it today! What do you wanna do first?"

"Well........." he said with an evil grin on his face.

"This is not what I had in mind!" I yelled as we were riding the cyclone.

Peter just keep laughing while I was gripping tight on the safety bars of the ride.

...

2 HOURS LATER

"That was fun!" Peter yelled as we finished our last ride of the night.

"It was fun! I feel like Imma throw up a bit, but hey it's okay." I said making him laugh.

"Hey let's go get dinner my treat. There's a really great Pizza spot I like." He told me.

"Sure the car is just around the corner. Come on."

...

One of the funnest nights I've had in a while. That's the only way I can describe the evening. Me and Peter hit it off that evening and became great friends. It turns out we have a lot of hobbies and interests in common. We both like building computers, creating new innovative tech, and science.

All my life I never felt like I related to anyone. I've been to schools in Georgia, California, Europe and even online school. I felt like this was the start of a great friendship.

After Coney Island me and Peter went to go grab Pizza at Joes. We were sitting in the booth just chatting with each other.

"Wait so your dad really forgot you on top of the US Bank Tower? Isn't that like 1000 feet tall?" Peter questioned as I was telling him a story.