Larb

A FEW WEEKS LATER

Shattered. The only way I could describe everything going on right now. Dad and Steve had a major falling out and now Steve's on the run. Some of the Avengers were sent to prison but luckily escaped. Also it may or may not have been because of me sending the coordinates of the raft prison my father visited to Steve.

Dad and Pepper are taking a break. Me and my dad haven't been on good terms either. I made myself very clear when he came back that all he did was cause more harm than good. I heard dad let Peter keep the suit. *cough* *cough* Happy.

I was just focusing on myself and my inventions. I was working on a new version of Web Fluid for the Spider-Man suit. Something a bit more powerful and stronger. I'm just honestly trying to keep busy while dad keeps going to these business trips every other day. He never kept his promise of us as a family going on a trip but I can honestly say that I am not even surprised. This was typical of him; to make a promise and not even fulfill it like he should.

I was headed out to go get some food since I was practically starving. It's still the afternoon and I wasn't planning on going far. But even then if I wanted to there's literally no one here to stop me. I got my coat and my wallet and headed out the door.

I walked over to this little Thai restaurant and walked in. There was hardly anyone there just a guy and an older lady. I walked up to the counter and started ordering some takeout.

I ordered some chicken with pad Thai noodles and some spring rolls. I sat down just looking on my phone while waiting for my order. I looked up and saw the TV playing in the background which showed the boy in the suit that I created. He was fighting people in a bank. Well at least the suit is being put to good use. But then I saw the destruction left over. I recognized the building as it was the bodega I met the boy who is Spider-Man and got a really good sandwich which reminds me I'm still pretty hungry.

I was cut out of my train of thought when the waiter said my order was ready. I stood up and as I skimmed the room I saw the boy that I was thinking about literally just a few seconds ago. I saw he was having dinner with what I thought was his mom. He looked up and saw me and I waved, he smiled back.

 He looked up and saw me and I waved, he smiled back

The waiter gave me my order and I paid. I made my way over to the exit I stopped to say hi to Peter.

"Hi Peter. It looks like every time we run into each other it's always where there's food." I said as he chuckled.

"Hi Grace nice to see you again. This is my Aunt, May."

"Hi May nice to meet you. I love your glasses they are so chic" I said shaking her hand.

"Aww you're too sweet it's so nice to meet you too. Do you and Peter go to school together?"

"Oh no. I actually met him at a Delmars deli where he gave a pretty good sandwich recommendation." I said making her chuckle.

"So Grace uh what are you uh what are you doing here." Peter asked me.

"Oh I just came to pick up something to eat but I'm headed home.

"The food here is delicious. Hey listen thanks for the sandwiches at the deli...Mr. Delmar told me. You didn't have to do that."

"It's no problem." I said turning to see the TV playing back the bank fight showing the destroyed Bodega. "It's a shame what happened to his store. I hope he's okay."

"Spider-Man probably saved him," he said taking a sip of his water thinking I was oblivious to his true identity.

"Hopefully. Anyways Peter it was great seeing you again. I hope I see you around if you ever need anything don't hesitate to shoot me a text." I said as I took down a pen and paper from my bag and wrote down my number. I handed it to him and saw his Aunt make a sly smirk as she continued eating her food.

"Oh-okay. See you around." He said as I left smiling.

[PETERS POV]

Grace left and I continued eating my food only to see May staring at me smiling.

"What?" I said confused.

"Nothing" She said continuing smiling.

I just brushed it off and continued eating my food.