What Happened for 4 Months?

[HAPPY'S POV]

"WHAT! You've got to be kidding me!" Tony said as he burst out laughing after explaining to him that he has a daughter.

"Oh Happy you're funny, like if I would have a long lost daughter."

"Tony I'm being serious."

"Sure you are."

"Look I was able to get her DNA and run it against yours and it's a match."

"I got to give you credit Happy I didn't think you'd have such a wild and hilarious sense of humor. Me having a kid? Hahahaha!" Tony said chuckling walking out of the room.

"Tony!" I said it a stern tone as he turned and looked at me. I had never raised my voice to my boss before but he had to know I was being serious. "There's a little girl out there who's six years old and just lost her mother, has never met her father and needs him now more than ever!"

I handed Tony and envelope with information about the kid. He looked through it.

"I don't remember an Ella Miller, Happy quite frankly I don't even remember what I had for breakfast."

"Scrambled eggs and a fruit smoothie sir" J.A.R.V.I.S. announced over the intercom.

I rolled my eyes.

"Ahh yeah that's right." Tony said losing focus.

"Tony, you always talked about how your dad wasn't there for you growing up as a kid. Don't do the same to this kid, she needs you, she needs her  father. The mom didn't want to mess up or blow your life up but she's gone now and the kid needs someone to look after her."

"Look Happy I've got a presentation in Afghanistan I got to go."

"Tony come on man as your friend I really think you should take this seriously. She's just a little kid all alone."

"Let's out a pin in this conversation, we'll talk about it when I get back."

"So you're kid isn't a priority right now?!" I said knowing that it was out of line to speak to my boss like that but it didn't matter right now. I was pissed. He was being arrogant, stubborn and selfish and wasn't even putting much focus or attention on this matter.

"No Happy they aren't. You know why? Because even though you claim that this kid may be half mine doesn't make it my child. I don't have time for kids right now in my life I am about to revolutionize Stark Industries and don't need any distractions in my life right now. So no Happy this isn't a priority."

"Tony she's just a kid!"

"That's enough Happy! It can wait until I get back!"

Tony stood up and walked away. I sighed.

__

[4 MONTHS LATER -TONYS POV]

It's been 4 months since I was kidnapped, and one month since I escaped since then a lot has happened. I found purposes, I've made changes in my life, my company, my brand. I became Iron Man. But I'm still missing one thing in my life.

My kid.

I don't know this kid but all I could think about in that cave in Afghanistan was this kid and how if I died in the cave that kid would be completely alone. I couldn't do that to her. I couldn't be like my father. I had to be different I had to be there for her. I'm the only family she has left and quite frankly she's the only family I have.

I knew that once I got home I wasn't safe, the people around me wouldn't be safe. I needed to protect them, fix things, make sure I could protect them so I built the Iron Man Suit, got rid of of Obadiah, cleaned up Stark Industries and well I built my kid a room in the house in Malibu, well with the help of Pepper of course.

Her Bedroom:

Her Bathroom:

Her Bathroom:

It's a little much for an six year old but then again I did miss eight years and while this will not make up for it she might as well have the bedroom any kid would dream of

Now that everything is in order I can finally go meet the kid. I wonder what she's like.

Happy got the custody papers quietly through my team of lawyers. Things have been kind of rocky between us even with me and Pepper after she found out about the conversation I had with Happy before Afghanistan.

I wanted to keep the kid secret. No one could know I had a child it would only put her in danger and make her a target. Turns out the kids living with the moms friend in Atlanta. I told Happy I wanted to come and pick up the kid so we got to the private airport and took the jet to Atlanta.

__