Birthday Pt.2

After a long day of shopping and a self care day accompanied by Happy I got a text from my dad.

________________________________

Dad 🤖
Hey wear something fancy, we are
taking you to dinner

Grace
Where are we going?

Dad 🤖
It's a surprise.

Grace
Ughhhhh why can't I know?

Dad 🤖
Because it's a surprise!

Grace
Fineeeeeeeeeeeee

Dad 🤖
Meet us at the compound.
I was finishing my new suit

Grace
Cool be there in about 2 hours
Imma stop by the house for a dress

Dad 🤖
Just buy one

Grace
Your encouraging me
to spend your money?!

Dad 🤖
Just this once because
it's your birthday

Grace
Thanks dad love you!
🤖 ❤️

Dad 🤖
Love you too monkey.
🙉 ❤️

________________________________

"Hey Happy do you mind if I just stop at the store to get a dress. Dad said we're going to dinner."

"Your the birthday girl." He smiled.

I drove to this boutique on fifth avenue. I walked in and saw so many pretty dresses. After trying on a couple I found the perfect one.

I was able to buy it and leave with it on and paired it with the new bag Happy got me for my birthday.

We drove to the compound and I saw there were still quite a bit of cars in the lot considering that it was a holiday and everyone should be at home

Me and Happy walked inside the compound passing the ballroom on the way to my dads lab.

"Hey dad?!" I yelled.

"In here." I heard coming from the dark ballroom open door.

I walked in and turned the lights on only for people to jump out and yell surprise. I took in my surroundings realizing there were about 100 people in the room mainly people who knew about me and my dad. Suddenly my dad and Pepper came out and gave me a hug and a kiss.

"Aww you guys you shouldn't have."

"Nonsense anything for our princess." My dad said pulling me into a side hug.

"I thought I was your monkey?" I teased.

"You are but I guess this monkey is now growing up and one day she'll inherit the entire kingdom." My dad said pointing all around referring to Stark Industries.

"I'm okay with Pepper holding down the mantle and the kingdom for now. I still want time to be able to be with my family."

"Speaking of family-" Pepper said as she pulled out something from her purse.

"Me and your dad weren't sure if this would be ready by today otherwise we would've done this earlier but we got you one last gift." She said handing me an envelope.

I looked at her and opened it.

"I know that no one will ever replace your mother, she's been such a big part of your life from the day you were born and even after her passing and I respect that. I want you to know though that I would love to be a figure and to be there for you for the rest of your life so if it's okay with you, Grace is it okay if I adopt you?" Pepper asked looking at me with a smile and a tear coming down her face.

I smiled as tears started forming. I immediately embraced Pepper in a tight bear hug and nodded not being able to get any words out.

Pure joy and love is what I felt in this moment. Pepper was right no one could ever replace my mom but she has been there for me in my toughest moments and has been a mother figure since I was little. There is no one I would want more to adopt me than Pepper.

"So is that a yes?" My dad jokingly asked obviously knowing the answer.

I pulled back from the hug and looked at Pepper.

"Thank you Pepper, yes I would absolutely love to be your daughter." I said as she wiped the tears from her face as I did mine.

I grabbed the pen and signed the bottom of the adoption papers and it was official. Pepper Potts is now also my official legal guardian.

"Well my little family, to us." My dad said handing Pepper a champagne glass. I held out my hand for one only for him to hand me a glass of sparkling cider. "Nice try kid."

I grabbed the glass and we toasted to my new adoption. After that I went around and said hi to everyone until my eyes landed on the brown haired boy who has come to be my new best friend.

"Hi Peter."

"Grace, hi," he smiled, "Happy Birthday." He pulled me into a hug. "You look beautiful."

"You don't look too bad yourself." I smiled.

"Thanks, um I knew you would be busy today but if it's okay I'd love to take you out to a post birthday breakfast tomorrow?"

"I'd love to Peter."

The rest of the night was filled with pure joy, the people I love and care about the most all in one room, Pepper is now legally my stepmom, we're ringing in a new year. I'm happy, life is good.