Busted

It was a few days before Christmas, and I still haven't found a gift for my dad. Like I said before, it's hard finding a good gift for the man that has or can have everything.

I was in my room doing some last-minute online shopping when there was a knock on my bedroom window. I got startled until I saw it was Peter in his Spider-Man suit. He gave me a small wave. I walked over and opened the window letting him in.

"Peter what are you doing here?" I asked.

He took off his mask. "Well, I was in the area, and I thought I would stop by and say hi, so hi."

I chuckled. "That's sweet but you scared me half to death."

"Sorry about that." He said scratching the back of his neck.

"No worries. So, what made you come all the way out here?"

"I like swinging and seeing the Christmas lights around the city. It such a nice view at night."

"Oh my god that must be pretty at night. I love New York during Christmas time too."

"Do you want to come with me for a little while to see them? I'll even treat you to hot chocolate and cookies." He said trying to convince me.

"I'll grab a sweater." I said smiling.

I went to my closet and grabbed a sweater. I saw Peter looking at a picture of me and my mom that I had on my nightstand.

"Is this your mom?" He asked

"Yeah, it's from when I was little.

"You look exactly like her." He said holding the picture frame. I smiled at that sentence. I loved my mom more than anything, so I took it as a compliment. "You ready?"

"Yup."

"Come on."

I grabbed on to Peter and he began swinging throughout the city. He took us to the top of a skyscraper that had the most breathtaking view of all the Christmas lights.

"Oh my god this is so beautiful." I said as we sat on the edge of the building. We sat there for a few minutes in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence it was a peaceful silence the kind when you're comfortable in the presence of another person. I rested my head on Peters shoulder. "Thank you for this."

"Thank you for coming, I like hanging out with you, it's fun, peaceful.'

"You know my dad's going to kill me for leaving the house through my bedroom window

"You know my dad's going to kill me for leaving the house through my bedroom window." I chuckled.

"He can't get mad at you too long, it's almost Christmas."