Emotions

CHRISTMAS MORNING

It was Christmas morning I woke up to scent of hot chocolate, blueberry pancakes and bacon. I looked out my window to see that it was snowing.

I got out of bed and walked downstairs to see my dad cooking breakfast.

"Merry Christmas Dad!"

"Merry Christmas Monkey." My dad embraced me in a bear hug.

"Where's Pepper?"

"Oh she'll be down in a minute."

"Your making the Pancakes shaped like a Christmas tree?" I asked noticing the shape.

"Yup. The blueberries are like little ornaments on it too!"

"Mom used to make them like that." I smiled.

"It's a special day!" He said.

"Thanks dad."

"Love you monkey."

"Love you too."

My dad finished making the pancakes and Pepper joined us for breakfast. After we ate breakfast we decided it was time to open presents.

"Sweetheart this is for you." Pepper said handing me an envelope

"Thanks Pep."

I opened it to reveal tickets.

"No way!" I looked at her with excitement.

"What? What is it?" Dad asked turning to look at both me an Pepper.

I screamed with joy and ran to hug Pepper and thanked her.

"For the love of Christ Pepper what did you get her?" Dad asked at this point he was at the edge of his seat.

"She got me floor seats to Harry Styles! I thought they were all sold out?"

"Well I pulled a few strings, the concert venue that it's at is trying to switch over to arch reactor energy technology and the owner threw in a couple of sold out VIP seats so your also going to get to meet him." Pepper explained as I screamed in excitement.

"Thank you Pepper! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I said hugging her as she smiled at how excited I was.

"Well that's going to be tough to follow." My dad said playfully rolling his eyes. "Or is it?"

I looked over at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well I was going to save this for your birthday but I don't think I can hide it any longer." He said handing me a small box.

I looked at him.

"Go ahead open it squirt."

I opened the box.

"No you didn't!"

"Oh but I did." My dad said smirking proud of his gift.

I smiled and immediately ran outside.

"Hey put a jacket on it's still cold!" My dad yelled following me out the door with Pepper behind him.

"No way!" I yelled in excitement seeing the gift he got me.

My dad ran outside in his robe holding my jacket in his arms

My dad ran outside in his robe holding my jacket in his arms. I immediately hugged him.

"You are the best dad ever!"

"Of course I am but still put on a jacket I'm not kidding I don't want you getting sick." My dad said as I put on my jacket.

My dad and Pepper stood their smiling while I admired the car.

"I know you know how to drive already but you don't have your license yet but I asked a buddy of mine and well...." He said handing me an envelope.

I opened to see a drivers license.

"How did you-"

"Well you need a parent to sign off on the forms and I can't exactly walk into the DMV with my daughter so.... Merry Christmas monkey!"

"Thank you dad! I love you."

"Love you too."

After a few minutes of me taking in my car we walked back inside to continue opening Christmas Presents. My dad gave Pepper the necklace he bought her and I gave her the dress I bought her and she was in-love with them. Pepper gifted my dad a new watch and a few sweaters.

"Okay dad. My turn." I handed him a thin wrapped present and he opened it to reveal a dvd.

"Ooooo retro I like it." He joked as I rolled my eyes.

"Your supposed to play what's on it." I added.

"I'm kidding. I'm kidding." He said standing up and inserting the DVD in the DVD player.

After a few seconds a video appeared on the TV. It was a compilation of my dad growing up. Unbeknownst to him, his parents actually filmed important events of his life growing up. Even his college graduation in which he didn't even realize his dad attended. In the video it showed Grandpa Howard talking to the guy sitting next to him, you could hear him bragging "That's my son!"

I looked over to see my dad with a sad smile on his face realizing that his dad was there just from a distance.

Once the video finished he reached over and gave me a hug and silently whispered "thank you monkey."

After clearing his throat and wiping away the tear that escaped he stood up.

"Well this has been a day filled with many emotions but might as well finish it off strong." He said walking towards Pepper. "There's one more thing I want to do."

Me and Pepper just looked at each other a little weirded out.

"Pepper, for as long as I remember you have been by my side when I've needed you the most. You were there for me when I first got Grace and helped me raise my daughter which I am eternally grateful for. You are my rock during hard times, you inspired me to become a better person. You believed in me and supported me through my life. At the same time, you are also going after your dreams then and you've achieved so much more now. Though there are many chapters yet to be written, let's hand-in-hand write this crazy love story together." He got down on one knee.

"Virginia Pepper Potts will you marry me?" He asked as he pulled out a ring?

I was shocked, happy, and excited. I looked over at Pepper who sat there shocked while my dad was a nervous mess.

"Tony, yes!" She said immediately sitting up and hugging my dad.