Who Am I?

Later that afternoon Dad got home. I was in the living room working on an invention when they walked in.

"Hey monkey. How are you? Did you eat?

"I'm good I ordered Chinese. There's left overs in the fridge if you want some."

"Thanks. Everything alright?"

"Yeah, there's actually something I'd like to talk to you about."

"Oh?" He said sitting on the couch next to me.

"I know that you know that what happened back in Mexico stuck with me for a while. I know you mean well and care about me but you don't have to send Peter to go spy on me."

"What are you talking about?"

"Dad I saw him. I know you sent him to follow me around, you don't have to pretend."

"Monkey, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I never sent Parker to spy on you or follow you around. As much as I love you, I respect your boundaries."

"Oh."

"Grace I'm your father and I worry about you everyday but I don't need a 16 year old kid to tell me where you are. When you were little I gave you a necklace."

"Yeah the one I'm wearing right now."

"Well in that necklace is a heart beat monitor and a GPS. If you're heartbeat drastically spikes I'll get an alert and can find you anywhere in the world. You took it off the day of what happened in Mexico and that's why I never got an alert which is why I didn't know what was going on."

"So you've been using the necklace to spy on me?" I asked growing upset.

"No. I will never ever misuse the GPS to spy on you and I want to be completely clear on that."

"Then why would you tell me never to take it off?"

"You and Pepper are the most important people in my life. It kills me everyday day that I wasn't able to protect you when you needed me the most. I'm so sorry monkey." He said giving me a tight hug.

"Dad..."

"A big part of me feels responsible for what happened. If it wasn't for me it would've never happened. I'm so sorry I can't give you the life you deserve, I'm so sorry for dragging you into my messes." He said pulling back from the hug.

"Dad it's not your fault. I know you mean well but you can't blame yourself for what happened. If I am willing to let go of what happened you should too. I took a lot of time to reflect and to work through what happened and I think I'm ready to move past all this."

"You are?"

"Secrets make everything much more dangerous and I need to own my biggest vulnerability."

"Grace are you sure?"

"Im done hiding from who I am and I want to be able to embrace my identity. I don't want to ever be used as a pawn ever again because of this secret. I am Grace Stark."

"You realize that this is going to change everything?"

"I know but I'm ready besides I have you by my side."

"Every step of the way."

"Thanks dad."

"You know tomorrow is the Oscar's and I wasn't gonna go because Pepper was going to be busy in DC. Why don't we make it a dad-daughter thing?"

"Really?"

"Yeah. What better way to reveal such a brilliant shining young star."

"I don't even have a dress!" I panicked.