Suit

After brunch we got to the fire department and began giving out Christmas presents to a bunch of kids. They were really excited about meeting 'Iron Man' and were loving taking pictures with my dad. It was such a fun experience and it was nice being able to shed a smile on a child's face.

After the event we all went to the Avengers Compound. Dad needed to catch up on a new suit he was building with nano particles and I needed to work on an update to Peters suit.

Me and Peter were in my lab.

"So what exactly is this update to my suit?" Peter asked looking over my shoulder to see what I was doing with the suit.

"Well I built an entire interface system utilizing the latest in GPS software and I added a topographic map interlay using Stark satellites that will definitively allow the AI system in your suit to pin point and utilize optimal targets when your swinging."

Peter just stared at me.

"Uh sorry." I said awkwardly realizing how complex that explanation was.

"Don't say sorry. That's incredible that you are even able to do that. If anything I owe you a huge thanks."

I smiled. "I'm also reinstalling your parachute cause apparently you haven't reinstalled it since October."

"To be fair I didn't even realized the suit had it until it deployed."

"The update will take at least an hour to sync. In the meantime we've been working on Stark nano technology and I've been working on creating a nano particle Spider-Man suit that adapts into your current suit. But until my dad figures out the bug we're facing I'm kinda stumped so I wanted to ask you if you had any design preferences or suggestions."

I showed him the suit design.

"What the-! This looks insane!" He said looking at the schematics

"Any suggestions you have for the suit before I finish the design layout?"

"Uhh could you possibly make the ol web shooter area not too tight." He said awkwardly.

"Peter!" I said as I smacked his arm.

"What?" He said as head his hands up in defense.

"Never mind. I'll include it in the design notes. Anything other than that?"

"Nope. The suit looks great and I trust your opinion."

I smiled.

...

"So what made you wanna become Spider-Man?" I asked Peter as we sat across from each other in the lounge seats inside the lab eating popcorn.

"Long story."

"Parker, I got time." I said throwing a popcorn at him but he caught it with his mouth. Of course.

"Well when what happened, happened I thought I could look out for people you know? I don't remember much from my time with my parents but I do remember they were good people who would do anything to help others. I guess it's just my way of keeping their memory alive."

"That's amazing Peter. I'm sure they're very proud of you and everything you've done." I said making him smile.

"What about you?" He asked.

"What about?"

"I mean I know a bit about your dad but what about your mom?" He asked.

"Well, for the first few years it was always just me and my mom down in Georgia. My dad wasn't in the picture, but to be fair he didn't even know I existed. Anyways my mom was raising me while going to medical school and becoming a doctor and she eventually did."

"Your mom is a doctor?" Peter asked.

"Yeah she was. She passed a few years back. Car accident, drunk driver."

"I'm sorry." Peter said sympathetically

"Thanks. I found out at a friends house, it wasn't the easiest thing as a kid finding out the parent you only knew is gone and then come to find out you have a new parent within a few months."

"What was she like?"

"Oh you would've loved her. She was the most kind and caring woman in the world. She had brown hair, beautiful eyes, radiating intelligence."

"Like mother like daughter." Peter said making me smile.

"What about your parents what we're they like?"

"Well my dad was a biologist and my mom was a translator. My dad and mom were practically inseparable and always busy but always made sure to make time to play with me and raise me. I just wish they would've been here longer."

"I'm sorry Peter." I said as he looked up at me and gave me a smile.

The alarm on my phone went off which meant the suit update was done.

"Is the suit ready?" Peter asked standing up.

"Yup come on."

We went over to the counter and disconnected the suit from the computer.

"All done. Here you go, try it out." I said holding out the suit.

"Right now?"

"Yup. You can practice around the compound."

"Okay." Peter grabbed the suit from me. "Uh..."

"Oh right. Um the bathroom is down that door. You can change there or I can leave the room if you wanna change here. Just FYI Vision isn't the best with doors or privacy. Which is why we live in the city and not here. Plus Pepper wants us to live in a normal-ish environment away from the chaos."

"No. No. Stay I'll go change in the bathroom."

"Cool. I'll be here." I said earning an awkward smile from him.

...

Peter walked out of the bathroom in the suit.

"So how does this new update work exactly?" He asked as we were walking outside

"So put on the mask and blink twice for the updates to load." Peter did so. "Okay now it should be scanning the area around you pinpoint to optimal target points."

"Woah this is crazy!" Peter said looking at the scans. He then started swinging around the compound grounds. On my tablet I was monitoring vitals and speed and saw he was swinging was faster than he used to.

"This is amazing." He said as he got back down to the ground. "I feel like I'm swinging way farther and faster. Thank you!"

"You're welcome." I said smiling