I'm In Love With You

What came from that one interview with dad turned into mayhem. The interview was posted on YouTube and in just 24 hours it generated 72 million views.

In all honesty I didn't think people were that invested in dads life. It felt as though this giant worry pandering over my head was finally lifted. I still felt bad for ignoring my friend. I know he meant well but I felt like this was a journey I needed to take on my own.

I decided that I was going to go visit him and try to talk things over. As I made my way over to his apartment I knocked to be greeted by May.

"Grace!" She embraced me in a hug. "Oh sweetheart it's been a minute. I missed you so much how have you been."

"Better. A lot better."

"I'm glad. I heard the news, it's everywhere."

"Yeah I feel like this weight that's been holding me down is finally gone."

"I'm glad. Come in!" As I walked in I took in the smell of some burnt food. Classic May. "Sorry about that I was trying to make stir fry and I think I burnt it."

"Don't think of it as burnt, think of it as extra crispy."

She laughed at my joke and went to turn off the stove.

"Peters not home right now but your more than welcomed to make yourself at home I'm going to go get some takeout since this meal ended up in a disaster I'll be back in an hour."

"Are you sure?"

"Grace, sweetheart of course. My home is your home."

I smiled as May made her way out the door. I sat down in the couch and scrolled through my phone until I heard rumbling and clattering.

I looked down the hallway to see that it was coming from Peter's room.

I slowly stood up and made my way down the hall.

"Hello?" I asked growing a bit nervous. I grabbed a baseball bat that was against a corner.

As I raised it to get ready to swing as I cracked open the door I heard a voice.

"May is that you?" Peter called out wincing as if he was in pain.

I opened the door fully to see Peter with cuts and bruises in his Spider-Man suit.

"Peter! Oh my god!" I said dropping the bat and helping him from the ground. "What happened?"

"Grace what are you doing here?"

"Your aunt let me in but she went to store. What happened Peter?" I said picking him up.

"It's not as bad as it looks." He said groaning in pain. "Okay it's pretty bad."

I helped him up to sit on his bed and went grab him clothes to get out of the suit.

"Thanks, I was trying to stop a train from hitting a car on the tracks and I did but let's just say it hurt, a lot."

"Peter you got run over by a train?!"

"More like body slammed but yeah." He said releasing the suit and only putting on the black sweatpants wincing in pain every time he moved. I helped him to the bathroom and he sat on the counter while I got stuff from the medicine to help his wounds.

I stood between his legs dabbing the open wounds with cotton and rubbing alcohol on his upper arm.

"Sorry" I said to him.

"It's okay the sting doesn't hurt but I think I dislocated my shoulder."

"I'm sorry for pushing you away."

"What? Grace don't even apologize. You have nothing to apologize for."

"It still wasn't fair for me to keep you in the dark." I said staring into his eyes.

"Listen to me, don't even give it a second thought. If you ask me to run to the end of the earth I'll do it, because you are worth everything to me.

"Peter...."

"Grace I'm sorry but I really really like you." He whispered.

"I like you too Peter."

"Not like that. Grace you're all I think about since the day I met you. You drive me crazy in a good way. Grace I'm in love with you."

I stared at him shocked. Did he really just say that.

"Peter-"

My whole world pause for a second. Here right now in this moment everything just changed. There was only one question that remained. Was I in love with Peter?

"It's okay if you don't feel the same way but I just can't keep it to myself anymore. I need you to know how I feel about you."

I couldn't help but stare at him. I don't think there was much thinking to the question because I just went for it.

"Peter. I'm in love with you too."

The smile on his face was unlike anything I've ever seen. It was genuine happiness and shock. I'm in love with my best friend and he's in love with me.

We stared at each other with goofy smiles and it didn't take much longer for us to realize what this meant.

So he pulled me in and kissed me.