Anxiety

[GRACE POV]

It's been a few weeks since the trip to Mexico. I'm not gonna lie but that night shook me up. To my dad I've tried putting on a brave face and I'm not sure if he's seen through it yet. It made feel vulnerable, it made feel like everything was out of my control.

The nightmares have honestly been the worst part of it all. I can't seem to get a good night sleep lately. Peter texts me everyday but I just feel like I don't know what to say to him. Our conversations have been - short.

Don't get me wrong I am grateful for what he did, if it wasn't for him I can't even fathom what would've happened. The only person I felt like I could really talk to was MJ. I don't know if it's a girl thing but I feel like I can talk to her about something like this.

I was in my room, I still haven't gotten out of bed yet but I knew if I didn't soon dad would think something's up. I decided to jump out of bed and get at least somewhat of a start to the day. I walked into the shower and just let the water run. I'd do anything just to feel like before again. I let the hot water run down my face as I stared at the slabs of marble that surrounded me.

I let my thoughts roam freely and my mind took me back to that night. Everything was perfect. Peter was the perfect gentleman at the restaurant and made me laugh and smile so much. Why did it have to be ruined? Why did the events that followed replay in my mind all the time?

I heard a knock at the door.

"Grace?" It was dad. "Honey are you okay you've been in the shower for over an hour?" He said through the other side of the door.

Had it really been an hour already?

"Yeah dad I'm just uh- shaving." Was that really the best excuse? Probably not but hopefully he'll buy it.

"Oh never mind, sorry sweetie. I left you some pancakes on the kitchen counter I have to run out to the compound? Are you gonna be okay? I know with everything that happened in Mexico it may not be but I can-"

"Yeah dad I'll be fine." I lied. "Take your time, I love you."

"Love you too honey, if you need me I'm only a phone call away okay?"

"Thanks dad!" I yelled through the door.

After I heard my bedroom door close I took a sigh. I really didn't want to be alone today but I also don't want to make my dad feel like he has to stay here and babysit me. He's been trying to stay at the house as much as possible or trying to make sure either him, Pepper, or Happy we're with me at all times. The company was nice but I don't want to make everyone feel like they have to put their life on hold for me after all nothing happened.

Nothing happened is what I keep having to remind myself but it still makes me uneasy. Feeling vulnerable, helpless, and terrified all because of one night. I decided after enough time I was going to actually going to get out of the shower and get dressed.

I got dressed into a white shirt with light pink sweatpants. I made my way downstairs to be met with a platter of pancakes and scrambled eggs. I decided to put them in the microwave for a few seconds just to heat it up. As the microwave beeped announcing that my food was ready I took my plate and sat at the kitchen counter facing the doorway.

"Friday?"

"Yes Miss Stark?"

"Are all the doors and windows secured?"

"Yes, Miss Stark. The home is secured, nothing to worry about."

"Thanks Friday."

"My pleasure."

I looked down at my phone and saw that I got a text. I opened my lock screen to see it's from Peter.

______________________________
PETER 🕷️
Good morning ☀️
Just checking in
Haven't heard from you in a while 😞
______________________________

I felt bad ignoring Peter since Mexico but I just don't know how to tell him what I'm going through. I mean he faces problems and threats like that everyday and here I am moping and over analyzing every single detail around me. After we got back from Mexico I told him I just needed a little bit of space to process everything and he's respected that. I just can't help the feeling that it's not fair for me to be keeping him in the dark like this but I just can't help it.

I closed his contact and opened up another one.

MJ 📖
______________________________

GRACE
Hey girl you busy?

MJ 📖
Girl you know I always have time for you
I've tried calling you since the trip.

GRACE
I know it's just a lot

MJ 📖
Wanna grab food?
We don't even have to talk about anything.

GRACE
I'd like that.
My dad made food but it's barely edible.

MJ 📖
Meet me at the cafe on 6th and 29th in 20 minutes.

GRACE
See you soon

______________________________

I closed my phone and went to go grab my car keys and bag. I went downstairs to the garage and opened the door to my car. As I sat inside I took a deep breathe. Here we go.