Birthday Pt. 1

December 31st, my 16th birthday.

I woke up to find a bouquet of my favorite flowers and balloons on my night stand. I smiled. I reached over to see the note on it.

Happiest of Birthdays to the most brilliant young woman out there. We love you.
-Pepper & Dad

I got out of bed and headed to the shower to get ready. I decided to dress extra nice since it was my birthday.

I walked downstairs to see my favorite breakfast, waffles on a stick with bacon and fruit salad.

"Happy Birthday!" My dad and Pepper yelled behind the kitchen counter.

"You guys! Thank you." I said as I walked over and hugged them both.

"Happy Birthday sweetheart." Pepper said handing me a small box.

I opened it to reveal a locket. Inside was a baby picture of me and my mother. I got teary eyed.

"Thank you Pepper." I smiled giving her a hug. My birthdays have always been a little rough not having my mom here but Dad and Pepper have always done something to keep her spirit alive.

We sat down and ate breakfast. It was nice getting moments like this where both Pepper and my dad are home. They are both always so busy that the holidays are the only real time where they are both around.

Suddenly the door opened. I saw Happy walking down the hall into the kitchen.

"Where's the birthday girl?!" Happy said holding a wrapped box. I smiled and walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"For you squirt." He said handing me a box. I smiled it and opened it to reveal a new handbag.

 I smiled it and opened it to reveal a new handbag

"Happy! How did you-"

"Come on kid the only person I know better than your dad is you."

"Thank you Happy I love it!" I said giving him one last hug.

"So where do you want to go for your birthday today? I'll drive you anywhere you want to go."

"Actually.... dad gave me a car for Christmas."

"Of course he did." He joked making me laugh.

"I could use the company though. We can go get a mani pedi? I'll drive." I suggested.

"You know what actually I forgot I had to......"

"Please Happy!" I begged.

"Fine but I'm wearing a helmet!"

"Deal." I smiled.

I grabbed my wallet and car keys and dragged Happy outside to the car.

"Mercedes?"

"Yup."

"Score kid!" He said high fiving me before putting on the helmet and getting into the passenger seat.