Gala Pt. 1

It was December 23 and I was at the Avengers compound going through some of some things in the old storage to see if I could find the blue prints for the original build of the facility.

I was moving some boxes when I found a box labeled T. Stark 1970-1975. I grabbed the box and looked inside and saw it was a bunch of old VHS tapes. I picked up one of tapes and it said 'Tony's 1st Birthday'. I smiled and decided to take the tapes with me.

I walked back to my lab in the compound and pulled out a VHS player and played the VHS tapes. I began seeing a video of my Grandma and my dad when he was a baby at his first birthday party.

"Happy 1st Birthday Anthony!" My Grandma said holding my dad in the video.

"Happy Birthday Buddy!" My Grandpa Howard said behind the camera.

The video then started showing my dad sitting on a high chair with a small birthday cake with my Grandma and Grandpa by his side. My dad blew his candles and my grandpa picked him up. "Happy Birthday Buddy we love you and are so proud of you. You're gonna be a great man some day." My grandpa said to my dad. I smiled at the video since my dad once mentioned how his dad never said that he loved him or that he was proud of him.

I sat there and watched all the VHS tapes and decided to make a mini movie out of all the tapes as a gift to my dad for Christmas.

After a few hours I was finally done and decided to head home. I walked upstairs to my room since no one was home yet since it was only 2PM. I saw on my bed there was a small wrapped box. I went over and saw the tag. "To Grace, From Peter. Merry Christmas.". I smiled.

I opened the box and saw this beautiful necklace inside and it had the letter G on it as the pendant. I smiled and put it on. I looked in the mirror and saw from the corner of my eye my dad walk in.

"Hey Dad." I said giving him a hug.

"Hey Princess. What you up to?"

"Nothing much, just got home."

"Parker stopped by and dropped that off for you."

"I know, I just opened it up. It's really pretty." I said holding the pendant of the necklace admiring it through the mirror.

"You've both been hanging out a lot together lately." My dad said sitting on my bed.

"Yeah it's nice to have a friend my age."

"He's just a friend?"

"Yeah of course. Why wouldn't he be?" I asked turning around looking at him weird.

"No-nothing." He said looking out the mirror.

"I got him a new laptop for Christmas. He mentioned the other day that someone stole his backpack that had his laptop inside so I got him a new one."

"That's nice. I'm sure he'll love it."

"Yeah I think I'll stop by tomorrow and take it to him and say thank you for the necklace if that's okay with you."

"No yeah that's a fine with me. We have that's charity gala dinner tonight you coming with?"

"I can?"

"Well your almost 16 in a few days so I think your old enough to start coming to these things so yes."

"Yay! There's this dress I've been dying to wear but haven't found the occasion yet."

"Well then you better get ready we leave in a few hours." My dad said standing up and leaving the room.

I took a deep breathe. No big deal, it's just the Stark Industries Christmas Charity Ball there's only going to be a thousand people and a hundred cameras.