Parties Unknown

[Graces POV]

It's been a few days staying here at the Barton house, I really liked it, it felt like a real home, and Mrs. Barton has been so kind and welcoming and her relationship with her kids reminds me so much of my mom.

I was outside on the patio reading a book and getting some fresh air.

"What you doing kiddo?" Mrs. Barton came outside asking.

"Nothing, just thinking."

"They'll be fine."

"I know. I know."

"Then what is it?" She asked.

"I just see this, your home, your family, the love you guys all share it's just something I miss so much since my mom passed."

"I'm sorry pumpkin." She said putting one of her arms over my shoulder and patting my back. "It must be crazy growing up but just know if you ever want to get away from everything your more than welcomed here."

"Thanks Mrs. Barton."

"Please call me Aunt Laura." She said. "Come on let's go work on dinner whatever you'd like."

"Can we make grilled cheese and tomato soup?"

"Sure thing pumpkin."

We stood up and walked inside the house to start making dinner.

____

Me Lara were in the kitchen when all of a sudden Clint called out. I got excited, did this mean they were able to finish Ultron?

We walked out to the living room to see the Avengers beaten up and worn out. My dad gave me a weak smile and wave.

 My dad gave me a weak smile and wave

"Dad? Are you okay?"

"Yeah just a little bumps and scratches but nothing too bad."

I went up to give him and the rest of them a hug.

They started talking about the house and about who's staying where in the house. I noticed Thor look down at the crushed legos he accidentally stomped on with his foot.

"Thor-?" I said as he walked out. Steve gestured to me signaling that he would go talk to him. I nodded.

I walked to the kitchen with my dad. He grabbed my grilled cheese sandwich and took a bit.

"Hey!" I joked.

"What?" He said with a cheeky grin. "Bruce kicked the shit out of me and I'm tired and hungry."

I spilt my grilled cheese sandwich in half giving him the bigger piece. He smiled and me and I smiled back. "I missed you dad."

"Me too monkey. Me too."

___

It was later that night Fury was here. He was talking to the guys and Nat about Ultron. "Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing."