Parker House

Christmas Eve

It was Christmas Eve and I was getting ready since I was going to go drop off a gift to Peter.

I walked downstairs to see Pepper and my dad prepping the ham for dinner. "Please tell me Pepper is the one that's going the cooking. I don't want to get food poisoning on Christmas."

"Hey I take offense to that." My dad whined as he was peeling some of the potatoes.

"Don't worry he's only on Potato duty." Pepper mocked

"Well that's a relief." I smiled at Pepper

"Where are you off to?" My dad asked as I grabbed my coat.

"Uh secret Santa". I made up as I grabbed my bag and opened the door.

"Tell Parker I say hi, and be back soon dinner is in 2 hours!" My dad mocked as I closed the door to the house. I rolled my eyes.

...

We finally got to the Peters apartment complex. I walked up with the presents inside a tote bag. I got a few weird looks here and there but if anything were to every happen the bracelet my dad gave me converts to an iron blaster.'

I walked up to the door and knocked

"Coming!" I heard a female voice in the distance from the other side of the door.

The door opened to reveal May. "Grace! It's so nice to see you! Come in! Merry Christmas!" She embraced me in a hug as she let me in.

"You look lovely May. Did you do something with your hair? It looks gorgeous."

She smiled at my compliment. "Why thank you for noticing, at least someone has."

"Boys are clueless." I replied to her small dig at Peter not noticing her new hairstyle which made her smile and laugh.

"What brings you by?"

"Well actually I got you and Peter a gift. This is for you." I took out her wrapped gift and handed it to her.

She smiled and opened it to reveal a new handbag.

"Oh my- this is beautiful."

"I thought you'd love it. I had asked Peter what your favorite color was and he mentioned it was a light pink."

She embraced me in a hug. "Thank you so much Grace."

"No problem. Merry Christmas May."

"Merry Christmas Grace."

"Is Peter around? I brought him a gift as well."

"He went out to pick me up a few ingredients I needed to finish dinner. You're more than welcomed to wait here. I was just cooking while watching some Christmas movies."

"Can I help?"

"Oh your such an angel. Come on." She said as she guided me over to the kitchen. I started helping her by cutting up some vegetables she wanted to use for her side dish."

About 15 minutes later Peter showed up when we heard a window in the house open. He walked into the living room. "Hey May I can't find any of my shirts. This guy accidentally spilled my coffee and I-Grace. What are you- what are you doing here?" A shirtless Peter entered the living room.

"Hi." I said as I looked up at him. May set down her spatula on the counter.

"There in the laundry. I don't think they're ready yet but I think I have one of your old shirts in a box you can probably wear. I'll be right back." May said as she walked down the hallway disappearing. Peter walked over.

"Merry Christmas." He said as he embraced me in a hug.

"Merry Christmas, I uh actually came down to give you this." I said as I handed him the wrapped box.

He opened the box to reveal a backpack.

"Your always saying how your losing your backpack so this is a specialized backpack. It's got a thumb print sensor so only you can open it, a built in GPS connected to your suits system so you can track it wherever you leave it. Not to mention it's has a cloaking device, it's bullet proof, and it's even got a portable charger you never have to recharge."

"This is so cool and very funny thank you!" He said as he embraced me in another hug.

"There's actually something inside too" I said as he looked at me with a weird expression. He opened it to reveal a new laptop.

"Your the best." He smiled.

"Hey Pete I found you a shirt." May came in handing Peter a faded maroon MIT shirt.

"Grace would you like to stay for dinner?" May offered.

"Thank you, but my dad and mainly Pepper made  dinner and they're expecting me so I think I should probably head home."

"Well thank you again for the gifts you're such an amazing young lady Grace. Merry Christmas.

"Thank you. Have a Merry Christmas hope to see you soon."

"I'll walk you down." Peter said setting down the gifts on the coffee table.

We walked out the door and down to the car.

"I'm really grateful for what you did. Thank you."

"Don't mention it Peter. By the way my dad is throwing me a little get together for my birthday. Your both welcomed to come." I said handing him an invitation.

"You know I'll be there."

"Merry Christmas Peter."

"Merry Christmas Grace."