08.30.17 - ghostbusters

Maingay ngayon sa classroom dahil mayroong group activity sa first class na Music. We just had to sing our chosen song based on the genre or theme assigned to us. Then, the leader had to explain the genre and the meaning of the song.

Four groups, including mine, already finished performing last week. The three remaining groups would perform today.

The classroom was loud when Ma'am Santos entered. "Oh, bumalik na sa upuan," mahinhing aniya.

After the morning prayer, Ma'am connected her laptop to the TV and made us copy the writings on the powerpoint to tone down the noise.

Nanahimik naman ang klase pero meron pang mangilan-ngilang grupo na nagbubulungan, nagbibilinan.

Ma'am Santos picked from the remaining 1/4 sheets. "Okay, group two."

"Quiet na, class," malumanay na suway pa niya sa klase habang pumupunta sa unahan ang grupo.

When the group performed, the room was filled with playful comments and cheers from my classmates while I remained focused on jotting down notes.

"Next, group one... Who's your leader? Bakit walang nakalagay?"

"Si Kiel na lang, ma'am!"

"Hoy?!! Ba't ako?!"

"Kaya mo na 'yan!"

"Boys, last week pa 'yan. Wala pa rin kayong leader?"

"Ma'am, Santillan po leader namin!"

"Okay, proceed."

Kiel grunted as he advanced to the center. I listened to his impromptu explanation while my hand was busy.

"Tutdurutdutturutdutdurutdut~"

Laughter burst out in the room when the boys began and started snapping their fingers and doing the intro music while giggling. Halos wala kaming maintindihang tono dahil sa pagpipigil nila ng tawa.

Napakunot ang noo ko habang nagsusulat. Anong kanta 'yun?

Sa huli ay tuluyan nang nagtawanan ang grupo. I saw them pushing Jairelle and accusing him of being the loudest yet out of tune.

"Huy, 'kala ko ba seryoso?" Kiel, as a leader, was trying to pull his group together. But when I lifted my gaze on him, his expression told otherwise. There was a ghost of smile on his lips, as if trying his best to take everything seriously. "Ma'am, pwede po take two?"

"Proceed."

Kiel shut his eyes calmly and when he opened them again, his expression turned serious.

"Game." Pinangunahan niya pero hindi pa rin namin maintindihan dahil sintunado siya tapos hindi pa sila sabay-sabay.

Matthew strummed the guitar with no humor on his face; and the members from both sides did some steps which we couldn't understand since they were shy about it.

On the other hand, Kiel was at the center, doing the music intro out of tune and snapping his fingers in a serious manner. His groupmates couldn't contain their giggles as they struggled to harmonize together. Kiel closed his eyes, remained committed to his unmelodious humming amid the laughter.

"Alam-"

Akala ko ay kakanta na sila pero unang salita pa lang ay hindi na nila kinaya at tuluyan nang nagtawanan. Tinawanan din sila ng mga kaklase namin.

Since they couldn't do it without laughing, Kiel asked for Ma'am Santos' permission to bring his phone out for a background music. Sasabayan na lang daw nila. Pumayag naman si Ma'am.