Last Capture

In life, I realized that there's no such thing as bad timing.

Walang maling oras. Walang maling panahon. Lahat may rason kung bakit ngayon nangyari.

Maaaring masakit. Maaaring hindi mo maintindihan ngayon. Maaaring magalit ka sa mundo at kwestyunin ang lahat.

Pero lahat ng iyon may dahilan.

It may have happened to save you, or to impart a lesson that could change you.

"Dada!"

I turned my head back at Aki when I heard him babble again. Napangiti ako.

Everything happens for a reason and at the right time.

Bumalik ang tingin ko sa kumuha ng litrato namin. I uttered my gratitude before taking back the camera.

And it may only make sense once you're out and can finally see the bigger picture.

My smile widened as the image in the film appeared and became clear.

It revealed our happy family. We were standing in front of our newly opened coffee shop with genuine smiles plastered on our faces. My arm was snaking around Avien's waist while she was carrying our son, Akian.

"Wow, baby! You smiled!" Avien attacked Aki with gentle kisses and nuzzled his cheek when she saw the picture.

They both giggled and it sounded like music to my ears. My lips automatically broke into a smile.

These little moments with them would always remind me of how grateful I am to survive the verge of death.

It was a miracle. My heart already stopped beating twice but I still managed to wake up and continue a normal life.

I was more than grateful for that. If I didn't survive, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself and the driver who crashed my car for taking away the life I could have had with my wife and child-this life.

"Ang ganda," sambit ni Avien habang chinecheck namin ang mga litratong kuha kanina sa grand opening ng coffee shop.

It took us months to open the shop because we needed time to recover. Ngayon lang natuloy at 'yung saya namin para rito, kitang-kita sa mga litrato.

There were several pictures of us and our guests and the shop. I smiled as I admired the pictures of our shop-from the exterior, down to its interior. Lahat ng pinlano namin para roon ay nasunod.

We named it In Time's Café.

"Dream come true, love. Are you happy?" I looked at Avien while smiling.

She had always dreamed of owning a coffee shop. She was so excited about it so I was moved when I found out that she didn't open it after the construction because she was waiting for me to wake up.

"Masaya. Kasi kasama na kita," aniya.

My lips protruded. She took my hand and placed something on my palm. My brows furrowed when I saw a black flash drive. I lifted my gaze at her, confused.

"Happy birthday. That's a gift."

Tinignan ko nang mabuti ang flash drive bago bumalik ang tingin sa kaniya. "Akala ko iyong opening ang birthday gift?"

"Nope. We planned that together. Ako lang gumawa niyang nasa flash drive."

"I love you. Ano 'to? Baka porn to ha?"

Tumawa siya. "Crazy. That's my point of view."

"Hmm?"

"Basta. Just check it."