4-Y

"Jinni, were home!" I shout as soon as I walk in the door.

"Hi, my beautiful sister" she leaves her room with a smile on her face and using a fake voice.

Lia and Chaeryeong walk past me and into their rooms. I really don't understand why Chaeryeong is upset with me.

"What do you want?" I ask because her being this friendly can only mean she wants something.

"Can I spend the night with my friends tonight?" She cutely pouts.

"It's a school night, Jinni" I sigh.

"I know but please. I've been doing good. I'm getting good grades. I don't get into trouble so I think I deserve some freedom and fun" she puts her hands together trying to convince me.

"You're scaring me. Fun and freedom might get you in trouble" I set my stuff down then I walk to the fridge to get something to drink.

"When have I ever gotten into trouble so please?" She begs.

"Fine but text me all the time and update me on how you're doing. If you don't then I will go and get you myself. Okay?" I tell her my rules.

"Okay!" She hugs me then runs to her room to probably get ready.

I grab my drink and I sit on the couch to relax.

Chaeryeong leaves her room and she sits next to me.

"You need to apologize to Ryujin with how you acted towards her" she says without looking at me.

I don't understand why she's taking her side when I'm her friend.

Yuna or Hussey, Lia or Julia, Chaeryeong or Judy and I all live together along with my sister. The four of us went to high school together and have been friends ever since.

My parents died a couple of years ago so I'm the only one Jinni has to provide for her. My friends help me out but I try not to get them involved with Jinni's expenses.

After my parents died, my friends decided that we all should live together because they were worried about me.

"Why should I apologize? I did nothing wrong" I say.

"Yeji, she was being nice to you. She literally paid for your whole shift today so you didn't have to deal with old men trying to sleep with you" She argues.

"At what cost? She probably expects me to sleep with her. You know I don't sleep with clients. What was she trying to do? Impress me because she paid for me?"

"I think she genuinely just wanted to spend time with you. I believe her when she said she wants to be friends. She came back and paid for me too just so she can tell me something."

"What did she tell you?" I become curious, remembering that she whispered something to Chaeryeong.

"It's not my place to share but I think she really means well. She brought board games, Yeji. Does that seem like something someone with bad intentions do?"

"She might just be trying to get me to put my guard down" I sigh.

"Whether you become friends with her or not is your choice but you still need to apologize to her for being rude."

"Fine, if I see her again then I'll apologize" I say because I probably won't see her again after today.

I don't really believe that Ryujin doesn't have other intentions. Why else would she want to spend time with me and show interest in me? Where I work at is not the best place to make friends in. I really think she wants something else from me aside from friendship.