27-Y

"If that's what you want then I guess I can't stop you. I'm sure gonna miss having you around though" Jihyo sadly say.

I just informed her that I'm putting in my two weeks. She seemed surprised by my decision and I was too but I can't keep doing this job anymore.

"We can still see each other. This doesn't mean that we can't be friends" I say.

"I know but it won't be the same as to seeing you almost everyday. I'm sure it won't be that long too until your friends quit now that you'll be gone. I'm gonna lose my top people" she pretends to cry.

"You'll find younger and more beautiful people than us."

"As if" she playfully scoff, "So, about yesterday, we can't really ban Mingyu from here since technically Ryujin is the first to throw the punch but you have the right to not accept him as your client. I'm assuming that's what you're gonna do?"

"Yea, he's taking it too far. No matter how many times I tell him I'm not interested, he refuses to stop. He thinks being persistent will work but it won't. It might work for other people but not for me. If I say no then it's a no."

"Is it okay if I take the day off today too? After yesterday's event, I'm not really in the mood to fake being nice to people and listen to them complain how their wives don't satisfy them."

"Yea, that's not a problem. Enjoy your day off" she smiles at me.

I leave the bar and I decide to walk around to get some fresh air. I want to text Ryujin to see how her appointment went but I'm too shy to actually text her to just check in. I start looking around while thinking what my next step will be.

While walking around for a while, I notice a new restaurant opening soon and they're hiring.

"Hello" a young man greets as I walk in.

"Hi, I see that you're hiring and I was wondering if I can get an application" I say.

"Ah yes, I'm just the friend of the manager so I don't know where everything is at but have a seat. He should be back any minute" he gestures for me to sit in the booth he's standing next to.

"I'm Yeonjun" he offers his hand for a handshake and I take it.

"Yeji" I simply say then I sit down.

He sits across from me, "Yeji, has anyone ever told you that you're beautiful" he's smiling widely.

"Thank you" I try to be polite.

I look around the restaurant and it looks like a nice place. It's more fine dining than a family restaurant.

"We might be working together if you get the job here" he says but I just look at him.

"Hey Yeonjun, did my mom get here yet?" Another man comes in.

"Oh hi, can I help you?" the new man ask once he notices me.

"I'm here to apply for a job" I stand up.

"My name is Yeji" I introduce myself.

"Oh, awesome. Do you know what position you're applying for? We have everything open right now and have a seat" he tells me so I sit back down.

He pushes away Yeonjun so now he's the one sitting across from me.

"Whatever opening you have. I just put in my two weeks today so I'm looking forward to starting fresh somewhere."

"Where do you work now?" he ask.

I share with him the name of the bar I work at and my role as a hostess.