56-R

"We're not having sex" I quickly stand when I hear the door open and I see my mom with Jinni behind her.

I look down at the couch and Yeji is sitting up now and covering her face which I think is silly because my mom knows who she is so hiding is pointless. It's not like she's one of the people that Felix brings home and never see again.

"Hi Yeji" Jinni greets her sister with a smile on her face. I figured she would recognize her right away.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I stop by to stock up your fridge since the guys probably ate everything from last week. I was waiting for you to call but I assumed you would be in bed sleeping" she glances at Yeji then back to me.

"I was with Yeji yesterday and now today too" I stay standing for some reason.

"So you and Yeji are together?" My mom slowly ask and I nod.

"Really?" Jinni runs to sit next to Yeji.

"Oh okay. Well, did you two eat yet? You must be hungry from what you were doing, I mean since you probably don't have food" my mom takes her bag and set it on the table to unpack.

"Yeji, let's eat" I carefully take her hand so we can go to the table together.

"Jinni, help me out" my mom kindly orders.

Once everything is unpacked and my mom set out the food for us, she finally sits down while we eat.

"I really didn't expect Yeji to be here" she states and Yeji stops eating.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Shin. I'm sorry for hurting Ryujin" she ignores me while she speaks to my mom.

"Why would you apologize to my mom?" I ask again.

"She's right. Why are you apologizing to me?" My mom just repeats what I said.

"Because you trusted me to take care of her but I hurt her instead and she ended up going to a hospital" Yeji looks down.

My mom sighs and I don't know what's going on. I still don't know why she would apologize to my mom when she didn't do anything wrong.

"Yeji, break ups happen. Not all relationships last, you know? I saw how Ryujin cared for you and I knew how much it would affect her if things didn't work out but I also can't stop her from having relationships. I was happy to just know that she can be in one. That's enough to put my heart at ease. I figured that even if it didn't work out with you then at least she will realize that she's capable of loving someone in that way even if she chooses not to be with anyone else after you" my mom softly say.

"Yes, I was upset at first when I got the call from Chan but my husband and Ryujin both explained to me that it's not your fault. It's not like you cheated on her or had malicious intentions. You just weren't happy anymore and it's okay to leave when you're unhappy" she adds.

I look at Jinni and she's just eating like she already knows all of this. I look down at my plate and I can't believe she's beating me. Her food is almost gone and I still have so much left.

I start eating again to catch up to Jinni. I can't let her beat me because eating is my thing.

"Ryujin, slow down" Yeji rubs my back so I have no choice but to slow down.

I'll get you next time, I tell myself.

"Thank you for still taking care of Jinni even though Ryujin and I weren't on good terms this past week" Yeji takes her hand off my back and it makes me sad.