36-R

"Mom, I should be with Yeji right now" I pout.

"You'll see her tonight. Your aunt wants to see you. Don't you want to see her?" She ask.

"I don't know" I answer.

My aunt is cool. I do like her but right now not so much because I wanted to be with Yeji on her last day at work.

As for my feelings for Yeji, it's there but I just can't seem to do anything about it. Whenever I want to, a part of me won't let anything happen. I've thought about asking Yeji out on a date multiple times but I don't know what we would do.

"You're gonna see her tonight so you're gonna be okay" my mom tries to cheer me up but it's not working.

We finally arrive at my aunt's house.

"Dad, how come I don't have a brother or sister? You can't perform anymore?" I ask.

"What are you talking about? Your old man can still work but we just chose not to have another child because you were enough for us. We wanted to give you all our love and attention" my dad chooses to be cheesy today but it's okay. It's better than him bragging about his healthy poop.

My dad rings the doorbell while we wait outside. I look around then I stop because landscaping doesn't interest me so why bother waste movements by looking around.

The door opens and were greeted happily by my aunt.

"Ryujin!" She tries to hug me then she remembers I'm not a fan so she stops midway.

"Come in" she opens the door wider to let us in.

"You look the same" she says to my dad.

"I know, can't change handsome" he shakes his head like it's so tough to be him.

"I was gonna say that you still look like ass but I guess beauty really is subjective" my aunt laughs and so does my mom.

"Why did I agree to this?" My dad now shakes his head.

"Because you still love me" they finally hug.

"Chaeyoung, you look wonderful" my aunt now hugs my mom.

"It wasn't easy to stay looking young. You know how your brother is" my mom laughs.

"Ryujin, I got you something. It's in the living room" she turns her attention back to me and I get excited now.

We all go to the living room and she hands me a box. I open it right away and I see a new chess set. It's something I already have but it's still sweet for her to get me this.

"Thank you" I smile at her to be polite.

"How have you been, Ryu?" My aunt ask. For some reason she calls me Ryu even though my name is Ryujin. Like how hard is it to say the next syllable?

"I'm good" I answer.

"Are you dating anyone yet?" I didn't think she would be interested in my dating life.

"No, I don't know how to date but I do have a girl I like but I'm not sure if we should be together" I say.

"Why not?" She ask.

"Because she's nice and pretty. I think she can do better than me" I sigh.

"Honey, you're amazing" my mom says to me.

"Your mom is right. You're one of a kind and that's a good thing" my aunt looks at me with warm eyes.

"I don't even know what I would do if I ask her on a date. I only like staying home. What if she gets bored? She doesn't seem to like golf. She doesn't like chess. What are we supposed to do together?"