15-Y

I watch Ryujin leave the place.

"Lucy, sit down. Let's enjoy the rest of the night" I hear Mingyu say.

"I'm not in the mood. I'm done for the day. Keep your money" I leave him to go to the back room.

"What's wrong with you, Yeji?" Chaeryeong ask as soon as we're alone in the back room.

"I didn't know what I was saying. I was just really upset that you and Mingyu was there" I sit down.

"Things between Ryujin and I were going well then Mingyu showed up. Like I was getting to know her better and I was actually having fun. We even exchanged numbers. I told her my real name" I say as I continue to feel frustrated with what happened.

"Is that really how you see Ryujin? Naive?" Chaeryeong sits on the chair across from me.

"I mean isn't she? I don't think it's a bad thing to be naive."

"You could have just said she's not familiar with some things but you pretty much insulted her and her ability to understand situations. Even if that was true, you shouldn't have said what you said and in front of her too."

"Should I try calling her?" I ask.

"You can try but I don't know if she's gonna answer" Chaeryeong shrugs.

I decided not to call Ryujin to give her some space. She might be upset with me. I wait in the back until it's time to go home.

Before leaving the place, I tell Jihyo that I probably won't come in tomorrow. I just don't have the energy to work right now. I'm not ready to see Mingyu.

---

"Yeji! Wake up!" My sister is shaking me.

"What is it?" I groan.

"Aren't you going to work? I invited some of my friends to come over so we can get ready for the party here" She says.

"Party?" I sit up, still feeling sleepy.

"Remember? I'm going to a party and you allowed me to go. Don't tell me you're changing your mind now. My friends are on their way" She's sitting on her knees on the bed.

"I won't bother you. You and your friends can go on with your plan" I lay back down.

"What's wrong with you? You never skip work. Did something happened?" She ask.

I sit back up, "Do you remember Ryujin? The girl that helped you with your ex boyfriend?"

"Yea. She's cool. I like her. She's not afraid to say what's on her mind. It's really cute how she interacts with her friends too" she smiles.

"What about her?" She loses her smile.

"She came to see me at work yesterday and things were going well then another client of mine joined us. It annoyed me because I was enjoying my time with Ryujin but I thought I was defending her but I guess I wasn't. I called her naive and a child. She left because she didn't want to be there anymore so I don't know what to do now" I try to explain my situation.

"Did you apologize?" She ask.

"I did but she still left."

"That doesn't explain why you're home though. So one of your client gets upset, what's the big deal?" She questions and it gets me thinking. What is the big deal?

"Like you and Lia have fought before and you didn't stay home because of that" she adds.

"I don't know either. For some reason I just don't have the energy to go to work today. I'm really upset that I might have hurt Ryujin" I sigh.