18-R

"Why are you taking me golfing?" Yeji ask.

"Because today is my golf day but I also wanted to talk to you so I figured I can do two things at once" I say while driving the golf cart.

"And you said we can hang out outside of your workplace" I remind her.

"I did but I also said that you don't have to pay to hang out with me."

"This couldn't wait and I didn't know when your day off was" I stop at the first hole but we stay in our golf cart because there's people still in the tee box.

"I actually want to apologize to you for what happened the other day" she says but I shush her because I notice the person in the tee box is getting ready to hit their ball.

She looks sad because of what I did but I point at the people so she knows why.

After the last person in front us hit their ball, I get out to get my driver and I walk to the tee box to set up my ball.

"You don't have to apologize for anything" I say to her while I take practice swings.

"I do. I shouldn't have said what I said. I was just upset that our time together was ruined. I was having fun with just the two of us. I was upset with Mingyu for thinking it was okay to join us. I was partially upset with you for letting him and inviting Chaeryeong to join us."

"I thought its what you wanted because you two seemed like friends. He was touching you and everything" I stop what I'm doing.

"No, I just let him because he's a regular but I really just wanted the two of us" she states and I don't quite understand the feeling I got when she said that.

I look to see where the people are in the course and when I see that they're far enough, I proceed with my stance then I hit my ball.

"Wow, you're pretty good" Yeji says as she watches my ball in the air.

"Ehh, I just play it enough so I'm okay but not good enough" I pick up my tee and walk back to the golf cart.

"Do you want to try? I paid for you to play but I understand if you don't want to try" I pick up a ball in the cubby to give to her.

"I mean, you already paid so why not? I'm not sure what to do though" she gets off the cart.

"I'll show you and we'll play scramble or we might end up being here until it gets dark" I chuckle.

I grab a tee and I walk back to the tee box to set up the ball for her. "Grab the club I was using earlier, with the big head" I say to Yeji.

"This?" She picks the right one.

"Yes. Come on" I wave her to come to me.

She hands me the driver and I show her how to hold it. I also explain to her how to line up her shot and the importance of her stance and arm positions throughout the swing.

"What's scramble though?" Yeji ask as she fumbles with the club.

"It just means we take turns then whoever hits the best ball then we'll go with that location so that way the game goes by faster" I explain.

"Okay, so I take a back swing like this?" She takes a practice swing.

"Yes. Make sure you keep your eye on the ball because if you don't then you'll miss it" I say.

She moves to the ball and prepares to hit it. She does her back swing but she ends up grounding the ball so it didn't go far but at least she still made contact.

"Not bad for a first timer" I smile at her.

"Why do you like golf?" She ask while we walk back to the golf cart.