42-Y

We're walking back to Ryujin's house while she tells me a story. She's swinging our arms together while talking about this chess competition that she watched.

I can't believe that I ever questioned being with her just because I wasn't sure if it would feel like an actual relationship. I have nothing to compare it to but I think this is what a relationship feels like.

My heart feels so full after she gave me her necklace. I thought it was so romantic and sweet which I didn't expect from her. I expected the sweet part because it's natural for her. She's sweet without her knowing it.

She opens the door of her house and she gestures for me to go in first. The place smells like Ryujin's mom has been cooking all day. It smells really good.

"Hey" I say to my friends in the living room.

They're playing video games.

"Where's Jinni?" I ask when I don't see her.

"She's with Mrs. Shin in the kitchen" Yuna answers with her mouth full of snacks.

"Can I play?" Ryujin let go of my hands to join them. It's how she is. If she likes something then she just goes for it without turning back. If she didn't give me the necklace and if she didn't expressed her feelings then I would definitely be a little sad right now.

I head to the kitchen to look for my sister. I don't want her to cause trouble while we're here.

I hear laughter as I enter the room. "Hi" I slowly say while looking at the two just having the best time.

"Yeji, you didn't tell me that your sister is such a sweetheart" Mrs. Shin greets me.

"Have a seat. Join us while we wait for the cake to finish" she stands to get me something to drink.

"I hope she's behaving well" I sit down.

"Oh, she is. She told me how she met Ryujin for the first time. I was not aware of an incident like that so I'll have to talk to the guys about it and why I wasn't informed but I'm glad Ryujin was there to help her" she places the glass of juice in front of me.

I have to remember to wish Chan and Felix good luck later.

"Thank you for having us over" I change the subject because I don't want to have a slip up and accidentally tell her about what happened in the bar with Ryujin and Mingyu. She might think I'm bad for Ryujin.

"Of course. How can I not invite over my daughter's girlfriend?" She sits back down and looks up with a smile on her face.

"My daughter's girlfriend" she shakes her head now while still smiling.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that I'd say that. Please take care of her well. You know how precious she is to me."

"She's precious to me too" I smile.

"I see that she already gave you the necklace" she leans forward to get a closer look.

I grab it with my right hand to look at it, "It's beautiful. It's even more beautiful knowing why she wanted to give it to me."

"I'm their number one supporter" Jinni shares.

"I really like that they're together. Ryujin brings out a new side to my sister and I can see how happier she is" she adds.

"I think I can say the same about Ryujin" Mrs. Shin chuckles.

"Speaking of the sweet devil, where is she?" She ask and Jinni laughs.

"Uh, she's in the living room with everyone else playing video games" I shyly answer.

"I hope you don't mind. I told Jinni that she's welcome to stop by here anytime. She told me she wants to learn how to cook and that no one in your apartment really knows how so I offered" she smiles at Jinni.