21-R

I walk out of my room to find a strange man sitting on my spot in the livingroom.

"Good morning Ryujin" he greets.

"You're on my spot" is the only thing I can focus on.

"Oh, I can move then" he stands up to sit somewhere else so I head to the kitchen to get cereal.

"I thought you wanted to sit there" he sounds confuse.

"No, I was just telling you that you were on my spot. I'm sensitive to smell so I was afraid you would leave your scent there" I explain while grabbing a bowl.

"I'm guessing you remember me since you're not asking who I am?" He chuckles.

"I don't remember your name but I figured you or Felix would tell me at some point" I sit on the table so I can eat.

"It's Changbin" he tells me his name.

"Nice to meet you" I try to be polite.

"Where's Felix?" I ask.

"In the shower."

Is this what they call small talk? Why do people do it? There's nothing pleasing about this conversation but I wanted to try.

The doorbell rings and I sigh because I'm not done eating my cereal. It's gonna get soggy if I get up and get the door. There's only a small window for the perfect bite for cereals.

While I contemplate whether to open the door or not, I fail to notice that Changbin has already opened it.

"Ryujin, what are you eating?" I'm surprise to see my mom.

"And who are you?" My mom is focus on Changbin now.

"Mrs. Shin, I didn't know you were coming today" Felix comes out of the bathroom with his hair still wet.

"I was in the area so I thought I'd say hi to Ryujin. Who is he?" My mom ask Felix while pointing at Changbin.

"My boyfriend" I say to play a little prank on my mom.

"Your what!?" The three of them look at me.

"I'm kidding" I laugh and I go back to eating my cereal.

"Ryujin, that's not funny" my mom scolds me.

"I thought it was funny" I say back.

"This is Changbin. A friend of mine" Felix finally introduces him.

"Ahh okay. Where's Chan? I brought food for everyone" my mom brings her bag to the table and start taking out her containers.

I quickly finish my cereal so I can look at what my mom brought.

"He's not here. He went to meet someone, I guess" Felix answers.

"Wait, he's not here? I was gonna have him take me to the bar to see Yeji" I stop checking out the food my mom brought.

Since I already use Yeji's name, it's hard to refer to her as Lucy now. It just seems impersonal and I know her personally because I've accomplished my goal of becoming her friend. We hugged and even held hands. What's more personal than that?

"How is that going? Did you make her your friend yet?" My mom ask.

"I think so. I took her with me to go golfing yesterday but we didn't play golf much. We just ate at the clubhouse so that was fun at least then we took her home and we held hands while I walked her to her apartment. Her hand is soft" I share then I go back to checking the food.

"When are you gonna introduce her to me? You know I have to meet your friends to make sure that they're worth your time" my mom ask.

"I don't know. I'll ask when she's available" I say without looking at her.