10-Y

I leave Ryujin at the table since I have to see Mingyu again. I'm really surprised that he came back after what happened the last time he was here.

"Hey" I sit down next to him.

"Hey Lucy. I just want to apologize first about before. It wasn't right for me to ask you to quit this job to be with me but I just get really jealous when I think about how you entertain other guys" he says with a tight-lipped smile.

I nod my head at him while I look at where Ryujin is. I watch her take out containers from her bag and she starts eating it.

"Lucy?" I hear Mingyu call my name.

"Yea?" I finally look at him.

"I was talking to you" he pouts and it took everything for me not to roll my eyes at him.

"What were you looking at?" He ask.

"Nothing" I say to him.

I steal another glance to where Ryujin is without being too obvious and I see Chaeryeong has joined her now.

Ryujin seems like she's been through a lot but she also seems like she's too innocent for this world. The fact that she really thought that the reason it didn't go well between us before was because she thought I don't like games.

"Lucy, what are you thinking about? Why aren't you paying attention to me?" Mingyu starts using his whiney voice.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?" I try to pay attention to him now.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He places his hand on my shoulder and he brings his face in front of mine to see if I'm really okay.

"Yes, I'm okay" I show him a fake smile.

"So, when are you gonna tell me your real name and when can we go on a proper date?" He tries to look at me in a loving way but I look away.

I sigh, "Mingyu, how many times do I have to tell you that I'm not interested? I'm here because you paid for me. I have no intention of hanging out with you outside of this place. So please stop making me feel uncomfortable by saying things like that. You and I can have fun and joke around while you're here but it's hard for me to do anything now because I'm afraid you'll think of it as something more."

"What is it about me that you find lacking? I'm great looking, I'm rich, I'm nice and generous. I'm pretty understanding. I'm not afraid to take the lead" he starts to list off his qualities and for some reason I find it off putting. I don't think he's a bad guy or anything but his arrogance can sometimes be too much.

"I can see you're a good guy but how many times do I have to say that I have no interest in dating. It has nothing to do with you. It's dating in general" I say to him.

"Excuse me" I look up to find Ryujin standing in front of us.

"Yes?" Mingyu crosses his arms.

"I didn't mean to interrupt" she pauses, "Well I guess I did mean to interrupt but I'm hoping you wouldn't mind but by the look on your face I think you do mind so I'll make this quick."

Ryujin turns her head to look at me, "My ride is here and I wanted to give you this before I go."

She hands me a keychain that looks like it's made of the stuff that she had in her bag earlier. I take it from her and I look at it.

"Lulu?" I give her a questioning look when I see Lulu written on the keychain.

"Well, I don't know your name and I heard that friends have nicknames for each other so my nickname for you is Lulu" she shares while grabbing the strap of her backpack.