43-Y

"That's not right! You cheated!" Chaeryeong is hitting Felix. They're still playing video games.

Ryujin is holding my hand as she guides me down the stairs.

"There's the lovebirds" Chan comments when he sees us.

"Where?" Ryujin looks up to actually look for birds.

"I'm talking about you two" Chan shakes his head.

"We're not birds" Ryujin frowns.

"It's a... never mind. What were you two doing up there huh?" He has a smirk on his face now.

"Jinni was with us" I glare at him.

"Kinky" he laughs then my two friends throws pillows at him.

"Thank you" I say to them.

Ryujin and I sit down to join them. Jinni is back in the kitchen with Ryujin's mom while Mr. Shin is out here with us.

My friends are already comfortable being here. They're being loud and obnoxious even though Ryujin's dad is watching them.

"You know we thought Yeji was gonna die alone because she was so anti relationship" Lia decides to share with Mr. Shin.

"I had faith in Ryujin finding someone. I didn't think it would be this soon but I'm not complaining" he chuckles.

I look at my girlfriend to see if she's bothered by their conversation and she's not even paying attention to them. She's helping Chaeryeong beat Felix at whatever game they're playing.

"Can I ask why you didn't want to date before? I'm just curious. What about Ryujin that made you change your mind on the idea of dating?" Mr. Shin ask.

"It just happened I guess" I say while looking at Ryujin.

"I really like that she respected me and my boundaries. I liked how she tried so hard to be friends with me then how much she showed she cared about our friendship" I smile at her even though she's not paying attention to me.

I finally look at Mr. Shin to see him smiling at me, "Thank you for caring about Ryujin."

"Yeji, look" Ryujin taps my leg to get my attention.

She points at the screen, "What?" I ask.

"Felix died" she laughs.

"That's not fair" Felix pouts.

"Food is ready" Mrs. Shin comes in at the perfect time to stop them from acting like children.

Ryujin leaves me alone once she hears that there's food. Mr. Shin gives me an apologetic smile but I honestly feel okay. I'm trying to understand that Ryujin can be impulsive. She reacts based on what's happening at the moment but it doesn't mean that she cares about me any less.

We all head to the dining area where Mrs. Shin and my sister is setting the table. Ryujin is already sitting down, looking all excited.

"I saved you a seat" she smiles at me while patting the seat next to her.

"That's so cute" Yuna comments.

"How come you're not like that to me?" She turns to Lia.

"Excuse me? I don't have to act cute, I am cute" Lia playfully scoffs.

"You two should behave. We're at other people's house" Chaeryeong nags them.

"Yes mom" the two sits down while looking sad.

I also sit down next to Ryujin. She's busy adjusting her plate on the table while she eagerly waits for the green light to eat. I've never met anyone be this excited to eat.