14-R

We finish eating the food that Chan packed for me so I start putting the containers back into my bag.

"Lucy, did you know that you kind of look like a cat?" I say to her.

"Thanks?" She chuckles.

"I like cats. They're cute but they're also feisty. I like how they look like they're unbothered most of the time" I share.

"Do you have cats?" She ask.

"No. My parents didn't want me to have pets in case they accidentally bite me. Chan said we can't have cats at our place because he would be the one stuck taking care of it which he's not wrong" I shrug my shoulders.

"Why are your parents so protective of you? It doesn't sound like they really let you be a kid and experience things on your own?" She continues our game and that got me excited. I didn't have to tell her.

"I don't know. I think it's because I'm their only child so they're worried they might lose me?" I say unsure because I don't really know the answer.

"You're not curious?"

"No. I don't think about stuff like that" I say.

"What's your favorite game?" She ask and I feel myself get excited again.

"Solitaire" I say right away.

"Really?" She can't seem to believe it.

"Or chess" I say another game.

"I thought maybe it would be like Jenga or Uno or something not so boring?" She laughs.

I frown at what she said, "Solitaire and chess are not boring. It's a quiet game and I like that you have to plan ahead before making your move and how each move will be different. I like that it makes you think."

"I guess I didn't think of it that way. I'm sorry" she apologizes.

"Ryujin, if Judy were to ask you out on a date, would you say yes?" She suddenly ask.

"Like a friendly date?" I ask.

"No. Romantic date."

I think about it for a second, "Yes."

"Why?" She doesn't look happy with my answer.

"She's nice. She's pretty. And I've never been on a romantic date and I feel like she would be a good choice for a first timer like me."

"What about me?" She ask.

"I don't know. You said before that you're not interested in dating so I don't see why you would take me out on a date."

"Lucy" a man approach our table and behind him is the friendly lady up front.

"I'm sorry. I tried to stop him and I told him that you're not free for the rest of the day" the friendly lady says to Yeji.

The man somehow looks familiar but I don't know how because I'm not really allowed to go near men unless it's Chan or Felix or my father.

"I was hoping you would cancel whoever you're with and hang out with me" the man says.

"Hey, it's you. The one that gave me money" The man looks at me now then I remember the night I gave Yeji the keychain.

"Hi" I try to be nice.

"Do you mind if I take Lucy?" He ask.

"I mean yes. Why would you do that? I scheduled with her first" I say.

"You disrupted our time together so I think it's only fair" he smiles.

"Taking and disrupting are two different things. You're disrupting us right now like I did before. I never took her from you."