61-Y

The following day, I decided to bring Ryujin to where my parents are. I haven't visited since the day they were buried. It's been too hard for me. Jinni visited a few times over the years with my friends.

Ryujin is aware of where we're going. I didn't want to blindside her because the cemetery might be triggering for her. She said that it's okay so I have to keep an eye to make sure. 

"We're here" I put the car in park and I take a deep breath.

She looks out the window then back at me. She's trying to read my expression.

"I'm just nervous. It's been a while" I admit to her.

"What do you want me to do? How can I help you?" She asks and I love that about her. She knows trying to comfort me in her own way might not end well so instead she will directly ask me what I need.

"Just give me five minutes" I keep taking deep breaths.

When I feel like I'm calm enough, I open my door and Ryujin does the same. We both get out of the car and I take more deep breaths. Ryujin runs to my side and she immediately takes my hand.

"It's gonna be okay" she assures me.

"I'll be by your side" her smile comforts me.

"You sure know what to say" I try to lighten up the mood.

"My friends do this for me a lot when I visit my other friends. It might not be the same but I figured the feelings are a bit similar."

"Thank you for agreeing to go on this trip with me" I say.

"Is that something you should thank me for? We're dating so I thought it would make sense for us to go on trips? Will this be our only trip?" She starts asking questions.

"We will go on many more" I hug her.

I let her go and we walk to where my parents are.

When we arrive, I already feel myself becoming emotional. I try my best to hold back my tears and I kneel on both knees in front of them. Ryujin does the same and I can tell she's focusing on me.

I put my hands on top of my knees and I lower my head.

"I'm sorry it's taken me this long to visit" I sigh.

I'm not sure what to say or what to do. I've never visited anyone like this before. I start rubbing my hands on my knees as I feel them become sweaty.

"Can I say something to them?" Ryujin ask.

"I guess" I say, a bit unsure. 

"Hello Yeji's parents. My name is Ryujin. This might shock you but I'm Yeji's girlfriend" she introduces herself and I watch her. She has a smile on her face and she's speaking to them as if they were actually in front of her.

"Yeji's a good girlfriend in case you want to know but you probably already know that because she was probably a good daughter to you. You raised two good daughters. One is better in chess than the other but we won't talk about that" she pretends to whisper the last part, making me smile.

"I wish I got the chance to meet you. You might not like me though. I don't know if I'm good enough for Yeji or if you'll think I'm good enough to love and provide for her. I've learned a lot while dating Yeji. She opened my world to so many things. And I wish I got the chance to ask you how you made her so beautiful."

"But don't worry because my parents and I will take care of Yeji and Jinni. I'll make sure Yeji eats breakfast, lunch and dinner. I hope that both of you can rest well" Ryujin ends her conversation.