23-Y

I can't believe that Ryujin really asked Chaeryeong out on a date. I don't know how I feel about this. I'm glad she didn't accept it but what if she did? I think she only rejected it because she saw my reaction when I overheard their conversation.

I don't even know what Mingyu was talking about. I was too focused on Ryujin. I'm seriously going crazy because I keep going back and forth whether if I like Ryujin or not. When she called me beautiful and she mentioned that my body also looks good, it made me feel giddy inside.

"Is that guy not your type?" Ryujin ask as soon Mingyu left.

"Ryujin, he can hear us" Chaeryeong laughs.

"Is that guy not your type?" She brings her head closer to mine to whisper it to me.

Without saying anything, I just smile and shake my head. She sit straight up while looking like she's thinking of something.

"How long is your break?" Ryujin ask.

"I have ten minutes left. Why?"

"Can I hold your hand again?"

"Should I leave you two alone?" Chaeryeong slowly ask while smiling at me.

"No, all three of us can be here. I just miss the feeling of Lucy's hand" she stares at my hand.

I give her my hand and she locks her fingers in between mine right away and my heart suddenly starts beating fast. I look at Ryujin and she's still staring at my hand with a smile on her face.

"I really like holding your hand and I've never thought that's something I would enjoy" she finally looks at me and she's showing her whisker dimples.

"I thought you don't like physical touch?" I question.

"I don't but I also like soft things and your hand feels soft and warm. I also like that mole on your nose. It's like a person going down a slide from a bird's perspective" she says and I don't know if that's a compliment or what.

Chaeryeong laughs and I glare at her so she stops. She gives a thumbs up and I don't know what that's about.

"Are you gonna be here tomorrow?" I ask Ryujin.

"No, I was informed today that I have to get blood work done so that's sad" she sighs and she drops her shoulders, looking all adorable.

"Blood work? For what?" I accidentally squeeze her hand but she does the same thing to me.

"One of my medications has lithium in it so I have to monitor my blood. It's not good to have too much lithium in your system or I might become a battery" she starts laughing while Chaeryeong and I give each other a confuse look.

"Get it? Because lithium batteries?" She looks at us when she noticed we weren't laughing.

She sighs, looking disappointed, "Felix would have enjoyed my joke."

My break is coming to an end and it's making me sad. I don't want to let go of Ryujin's hand.

"I have to go" I say, sounding sad.

"Okay" she doesn't hesitate to let go. I don't know why it hurts me. A part of me wants her to act like she doesn't want me to go but she has no problem letting me go.

"Thank you for holding my hand" she politely says.

"You're welcome, I guess" I stand up, feeling hurt. I think Chaeryeong notices it but I just walk away to go back to work.

"I'll be right back, Ryujin" I hear Chaeryeong say. She grabs my arm then drags me to the booth where Mingyu is.

"She's taking an extra five minute break and you have no choice but to accept it" she says to Mingyu before dragging me to the back room before I can even say anything.