39-Y

Today is my first day at my new job. We're currently double checking everything and making sure tonight will go as smoothly as possible. Since this is a fine dining place, we don't open until late in the afternoon.

"How are you feeling?" Beomgyu enters my office.

"I'm nervous. I want everything to go well" I say.

"Don't be. You'll do great. I'm right here if you have questions and we will help each other out. We're a team" he gives me a reassuring smile.

"Did you invite your friends to come tonight? It's on the house" he ask.

Beomgyu is actually really nice. He's so welcoming and understanding to everything. I was worried that my new boss would be rude when I decided to leave the bar. Jihyo was so kind so I'm glad that my boss in the new place is also kind.

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity by the way. I still can't believe you made me the assistant manager. Why is that?"

He sits on the chair across from me, "I like giving people opportunities. I can see that you have passion and you're eager to learn. I can teach you everything I know so we can make a good team."

"Still, not a lot of people would do that."

"I'm not like most people. There's more to people than what they put in their résumés. Finding someone to work for you is not all about skills and experiences. It's also about personalities. Other people might only care about the first two things but I care about personalities too. I want someone I can get along with. I want someone who cares about their work. I see that in you. I hate when people judge other people negatively because they're different or act different but they don't know what that person has been through" he shares then I suddenly feel guilty.

I remember that's what I did with Ryujin. I judged her right away even though I didn't know anything about her.

"I'm gonna be honest. I'm one of those people that's quick to judge others. I try to be more aware of it now and I'm more cautious" I say.

"See, that's what I'm talking about. You're not afraid to share your faults. You own it and you learn from it."

"Now, let's make today the best opening day ever because it's the only one we got" he stands while showing his excitement.

"You never answered me though, are your friends coming?"

I shake my head, "No, they're working tonight but they're coming tomorrow."

"That's fine" he smiles again before leaving.

Once he's gone, I wonder why he's so nice. He doesn't act like he's interested in me or anything so I don't think what Lia said before is true. Are some people just genuinely nice for no reason?

I continue my work and checking schedules when someone else walks into my office.

"Hey, Yeji" Yeonjun has coffee in his hand.

"I got you coffee. I figured you're working hard today" he sits on the same chair that Beomgyu was sitting on.

"Thanks" I politely say as he hands me the coffee.

Yeonjun is actually the head server which I actually didn't know was a thing until working here.

"Have I told you that you look beautiful today?" He has his charming smile on.

"Thanks but I don't think that's something you should be saying every day" I nicely respond.

"Then stop being beautiful every day" he chuckles.