11

Do ya'll want an alternate universe where the reader ends up with Xiao instead of getting back with Kazuha? /j

The next day, Y/n woke up in a bed instead of the couch. "H-Hello? Kazuha? Where are you?" Y/n called out and tried to stand up, which she succeeded at. "Yes, Y/n? Do you need anything?" Kazuha asked as he walked toward the room where Y/n was resting. The house was small so Kazuha heard her very clearly.

"I, um.." She stuttered as Kazuha assisted her and sat her down gently. "You what?" He asked, looking at her gently. "H-Have you cooked anything yet? Or, you don't... Cook at all?" She asked, slowly looking at his eyes which held confusion.

"I guess, sometimes? I don't cook that often due to being busy and being on the cruise all day." He replied as she just smiled at him. Kazuha visibly flinched when she smiled, which made her chuckle. "Sorry, I wasn't prepared for that." He chuckled until all their laughs ran out. After that, Y/n continued what she was gonna say.

"Anyway..., I wanted to, Uhm... You said you don't cook that often, right? Well, I uh..." She stuttered and fidgeted with her fingers. "You what? You don't need to be embarrassed about anything. I don't judge." He replied, reassuring her as much as he could.

"I wanted to cook... For us... So I thought, maybe you could buy some ingredients... I wanted to cook some Dry-Braised Salted Fish today..." She whispered, almost making it inaudible for Kazuha. Kazuha just chuckled at her being too embarrassed to admit it.

"Sure, do you need some other ingredients for it?" He asked, seemingly sounding so casual about it. "Y-You're okay with me cooking?" She asked back as Kazuha just smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I don't mind." He stated with a gentle smile, which influence her as she smiled at him back. "Alright then. I'll need some fish, of course. And some lemon, etch." She stated with a smile. Kazuha kept nodding and took notes to buy some ingredients in the town.

After she finished telling him the ingredients, she gently stood up and prepped the kitchen. "Be sure to come back quickly! I need those eggs to cook for later tonight!" She stated as Kazuha nodded and headed out.

She smiled and cottonseed to tidy up the kitchen while waiting for him.

When he came back, he was quite bruised but still bought every ingredient she asked for. "Kazuha?! What happened?!" She exclaimed in worry as she rushed and took the ingredients out of his hands as she tried to gently sit him down despite her back hurting.

"Are you okay? I'll be right back, but tell me what happened later." She stated with a frown as Kazuha could only nod, he knew how tired he became after defeating the soldiers who dared to hunt him down.

"I'm back," Y/n stated as she put down her crutches somewhere near. She kneeled and took out the first aid kit she took from her bag. "Don't move, I need to treat your wounds." Y/n then took out a few things from her first aid kit and started cleaning his wounds.

But then, Kazuha suddenly flinched as he tried his best not to let out a sound nor move away. "I said don't move, didn't I?" Y/n spoke up, looking up and glaring at him as he just looked at her in shock. Y/n then turned her eyes back to his wounds. "Now tell me, what happened?" Y/n asked, looking into his eyes as he hesitate to speak up.

"Kazuha, please. You're only gonna make this harder for the both of us. Tell me what happened so we can prevent it from happening again." Y/n calmly stated. "Anytime now, Kazuha. I'm waiting." She spoke up while dealing with his wounds. He visibly flinched as Y/n just sighed.

"I'm a wanted criminal here in Inazuma. Both of us. But I'm the main target." He explained what caused Y/n to look at him in confusion and anger. "What? What do you mean? There's no way it's about what happened way back." Y/n looked at him and stopped what she was doing.

"Yes, it is about that. After fleeing from the battle, they started chasing after me and hunted me down." He explained as Y/n just sighed loudly. "You better help me finish this issue. This wouldn't be an easy fix." She stated as she sighed and took her crutches after finishing up with his wounds.

"Now help me cook in the kitchen, we should have breakfast first before discussing."

As they were cooking, Y/n could feel the awkward atmosphere between them. For her, it always felt wrong and weird when it was Kazuha who was the one being quiet. So, She decided to make it better by trying to walk toward him and teach him how to properly cut the fish, especially for the dish. But then, she suddenly tripped because of her crutches.

But before she could feel the hard ground, she felt a pair of strong arms holding her gently. "Woah there, are you okay?" He asked, gently lifting her as she sighed, her heart was pounding because of two things. Firstly, she almost fell and that would've hurt, and secondly, Kazuha hugged her tightly just to catch her.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, I just wanted to walk toward you and teach you how to properly cut the fish for this dish." She explained, trying to catch her breath. "Ah, I see. Alright." He chuckled as Y/n just sighed in exhaustion.

After cooking, they sat down and ate peacefully. Until Y/n spoke up.

"Please explain how all of this happened." She spoke up, holding her chopstick in hand. "It was when we were running away to the shore, it all happened so quickly. I was running because the Tenryou Commission was running after me, trying to kill me. After all, I interrupted the Raiden Shogun's battle. I managed to take my friend's vision and keep it, but it seems like it needed a replacement as they took yours away. Am I correct?" He asked, looking at her eyes which held shock and sadness. Y/n didn't notice the sadness in his voice as she was engulfed in her own.

"I... I guess? Kojou Sara snatched my vision away instead of my wrist when I was trying to protect you." She sighed, clearly not liking the memory of it.

Flashback
Y/n's POV:

My parents used to work for the Kamisato family as a healer and a cook, just like Thoma's work, but a lot more different. So, when I had my vision, which is Kazuha's fault as to why I got it... Anyway, I thought I would have healing powers too like my parents, but I didn't.

Although I could still heal myself, I still felt disappointed when I found out that I couldn't heal others. But anyhow, I still found ways to improve and made myself proud of my progress.

I thought that the fact that I could heal myself, would be beneficial for me when it comes to combat. But I was wrong.

It wasn't easy at all. I couldn't heal myself whenever I'm in combat because I needed to dodge the enemy's attack and it takes time for me to heal up.

I'm just glad that Kazuha taught me swordsmanship or else I would be using a book to attack or something.

When I was running away along with Kazuha, Kojou Sara managed to fire an arrow, targetting Kazuha's head. I deflected it using my sword and glared at her. When I tried to catch up to Kazuha, Kojou Sara managed to pull me towards her. "Let me go!" I yelled, but she didn't budge and pulled me even closer.

"You're not going anywhere, Y/n. I can't believe the Raiden Shogun even trusted you. Your betrayal will be passed down to every generation to prevent them from doing the same thing." Kojou Sara spat and glared at me. I hissed out of pain as she was gripping my wrist tightly. I could see Kazuha looking back, horrified when he saw that Kojou Sara catched me. "I don't care! It's me who should be wondering why I even worked under you! My parents suffered! Because of her!" I yelled to her. I freed my wrist from her grasp as I ran away.

She tried to catch me once again but just got a hold of my bracelet which held my vision. I could feel the flow of the wind inside me get interrupted as it completely disappeared. I felt as if the world was in slow motion, as it completely fell apart. My eyes were wide, tears starting to form in the corner of my eyes

"Give it back!" I yelled and snatched the bracelet away from her, but she had already taken the vision. I looked at the bracelet in shock as I held it in my hand, empty and lifeless.

"You traitor." She spat as my father just pulled me and pushed me on the boat, leaving them all behind. I froze as I started to cry. As soon as I realized everything, I yelled in despair.

"No! Father!!"

To be Continued.