Epilogue

The mystery... Awaits you in this chapter...

Lol jk

~

The next day, the atmosphere around them were gloomy. Xingqiu and Chongyun did the honor of telling their other friends about her death.

Xingqiu went to Xiangling first, while Chongyun went to visit Hu tao and Yanfei.

"Hey, Xiangling? Can we... Talk for a minute?" Xingqiu asked, sitting down in front of Xiangling's food stall.

"Oh, sure! You look so down, what's wrong?" She replied. She walked out of the kitchen and Xingqiu pulled her away to talk to a more private place.

"Did something bad happen?" Xiangling asked. Xingqiu sighed and took a deep breath.

"Our friend, Y/n... She's dead." Xingqiu's forthrightness shocked Xiangling.

Xiangling didn't speak, but Xingqiu understood her. Xiangling didn't know what to feel, whether sadness or regret.

"If you want, we can visit her tomb. Let's wait for Chongyun to come back." Xingqiu pulled her aside and waited for Chongyun.

It was silent, dead silent.

Xingqiu's Point of View:

After explaining everything to Xiangling, we just sat there and waited for Chongyun to come back with our other friends.

It was dead silent, none of us dared to speak. Then suddenly, I heard some sniffing.

I looked to see Xiangling silently sobbing to herself. I sighed and hugged her as I also started to tear up.

"H-how did it happen?" Xiangling asked, hugging me back tightly. "We'll explain when we get there. Her husband and a few others are waiting." I replied and pulled away from our hug, smiling at her.

"Don't worry, she's in a safe place now. Shes not suffering anymore." I replied, making Xiangling start to cry even more.

After a few more minutes of comforting, Chongyun finally arrived with Hu tao and Yanfei.

"Xingqiu, let's go." Chongyun called out. I stood up and waited for Xiangling as we all walked to her grave.

No one spoke up except Hu tao. She was one of the first people to know about her death since she's also the one who buried her.

After a long walk, we finally arrived
Kazuha, Xiao (far away from everyone else), Zhongli, the twin travellers, and a few other of our friends.

Though someone I didn't expect was also there, Dr. Shu.

Author's Point of View:

"Now that they arrived, explain to me what really happened." Kazuha demanded, his voice being exasperated.

"First things first, Divine Karma, or Karmic Debt, is a term used in Liyue which refers to the corruptive forces left by the power of slain ancient gods." Zhongli started to explain.

"As you already know, Y/n stayed here in Liyue for years. She was found by none other than Xiao, the Adeptus. Throughout the years, they... Formed a bond together. Xiao tend to ignore and avoid mortals often, but Y/n, made him feel things an Adepti like him he thinks shouldn't feel." Zhongli was hesitant to explain it to Kazuha, but he wasn't gonna give up on knowing what happened to his wife.

Xiao sighed to himself and teleported near them. Everyone else flinched and backed away slightly, for safety reasons.

"Let me explain the rest." Xiao sighed and stared at Kazuha with a blank face. No one dared to speak, the athmosphere between the two was heavy.

"I suggest taking the kids away for a while." Dr. Shu suggested. Zhongli took it in his hands and offered to take care of the triplets before Xiao finally spoke up.

"I usually don't care about mortal's problems, but Y/n was looking so vulnerable in front of me. And I didn't want to ignore it. She wanted to examine the place where the fight happened, but I pulled her back." Xiao started. Kazuha had his arms crossed, listening to Xiao and taking in every detail.

"I don't even know what that woman was thinking, going there without empty handed. She started to get emotional about the fact that she didn't have her vision with her, and sobbed in my arms." Kazuha was basically glaring daggers at Xiao at that point.

"What do you mean by that? My wife, crying in your arms?" Kazuha asked, daringly taking a step closer to Xiao.

Xiao stood still, crossing his arms at Kazuha. "She was depressed. She came in Liyue looking all so miserable, becase of you-"

Before Xiao finished his sentence, Kazuha gripped his collar tightly with a frown in his face.

"You don't know anything." Kazuha threatened.

Before things could get any worse, the twin travellers pulled them apart. "We volunteer to explain."

After managing to pull the two away from each other, Aether started to explain.

"Let me go straight to the point. Because of Xiao's body contact with Y/n, who is a mortal, she was given Divine Karma by him. She did not go insane on the spot due to the traces of her vision's powers in her body." Aether explained quickly.

Aether couldn't explain the look on his face. He felt like he failed his wife. He felt like the worst husband ever.

"On a second thought, maybe one of you guys should help Mr. Zhongli with the kids." Dr. Shu suddenly spoke up. Looking at Zhongli who's far but still quite near, he was having some trouble with the kids demanding to be carried.

"I'll go." Xingqiu nodded at Chongyun who nodded back with a smile.

"Thank you." Dr. Shu smiled and directed his focus back to the topic. A few of their friends who didn't want to hear the story followed. It consisted of Yanfei, Ganyu, and Qiqi.

"And then, I knew about her condition when Dr. Shu visited their place when Kazuha left to buy something." Chongyun stated.

Dr. Shu looked at him in shock.

"So you were the one making those noises." Dr. Shu hummed to himself before motioning for him to continue.

Chongyun took a deep breath and sighed.

"They were talking about treatment and how long until she dies. Dr. Shu told her she's stay alive for more than 6 months, and the treatment was that medicine the Adeptus uses." Chongyun sighed, remembering those memories he wanted to bury deep into his mind.

After Kazuha knew everything, no one dared to speak up. Kazuha was just speechless, he couldn't utter a single word. He felt useless, he felt grief.

Kazuha couldn't contain himself anymore and let the tears fall. He fell to his knees and cried at her grave.

Everyone left in silence as Kazuha sat at her grave for hours, refusing to leave even when the twins came back for him.

Soon, Zhongli bought the kids to him. The children didn't know why he was crying, so they just hugged him.

Kazuha hugged them back in despair, looking at the name in the grave.

'In the loving memory of Kaedehara Y/n. Gone but not forgotten.'

The End.

It's quite short but hey atleast I made another chapter so it wouldn't end in misery, plus it would be mysterious if the reader died without the real readers knowing the cause lol

That's all, I think I might make a bonus chapter. I'm not sure by my schedule. Hope you guys like it 💘