30

Woooooohoooooo!! We're at chapter 30! By the way, I'm so SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONG!! EXAMS ARE COMING AND I'M TRYING TO GET IN WITH HIGH HONORS SO I'M TRYING MY BEST TO STUDY HARD THIS TIME! Wish me luck guys! And I promise I'll update as soon as exams are done. After the second day and the last day of our exams, me and my friends are gonna go out to eat together to celebrate going through it!! I'm so excited and at the same time scared lmao.

And also, I'm trying a new technique calle, "blurting" because as we all know, people usually remember the first and last part of either a sentence or something we watched. It doesn't happen all the time or in anything we watch, but usually that's the situation. So, in this technique, you're gonna review your subject and then write all the things you remember, and then, rewrite the parts you didn't remember in a different color (for arrangement purposes, of course.) And then do it all again, review, write, and rewrite the things you forgot. Do it all until you wrote everything you need to know.

For the other subjects, I'm gonna try questionnaires and try blurting too. Wish me luck! And also enjoy this chapter 😡💢

~~

After cooking, Kazuha immediately served it to eat it while It's hot. "Let's eat, love. We don't want it to get cold." Kazuha smiled and sat down as Y/n sighed and smiled.

They started eating, but out of nowhere, Kazuha speaks up. "Y/n, is something bothering you? I noticed you've been, well, quite silent and tired." Kazuha asked as he ate. Y/n stayed silent, she didn't know what to say.

"Nothing serious, just worried is all. I know we'll have them all live healthy." Y/n smiled as Kazuha sighed. "Don't be so stressed about it, they will all survive." Kazuha smiled and held her hand gently. Y/n sighed and forced a smile back.

After a while, they both finished eating and headed straight to the shore but was met with her friends waiting for them to arrive there.

"Oh, hey there! Didn't expect to see you all here, what's up?" Y/n greeted as her friends waved back, but seemed a little gloomy. "Nothing much, we just wanted to say goodbye to you before you go... Again." Chongyun spoke up as Xingqiu chuckled and hugged him. Chongyun sighed and started to tear up on Xingqiu's clothes, trying not to make it obvious even though it is.

"Aww, you already miss me, Chongyun? Y/n chuckled as Chongyun just continued sobbing. "Why are you suddenly missing her so much? You didn't cry this hard when she left for the first time..." Xingqiu started to be bothered as he tried to comfort him.

"I... I just feel so devastated, I'm gonna miss having her near us..." Chongyun mumbled as Y/n's smile faded away. She felt as if he knew something, according to her guts. She tried to force a smile as she tried to indirectly reassure him.

"I'll live forever and come back for you even when I have a thousand of children, Chongyun." She chuckled as the others just laughed. She gently smiled as Chongyun pulled away from Xingqiu's embrace and looked at her with glistening eyes.

That alone confirmed for Y/n that he knew something. She nodded as Chongyun tried to smile back. "Are you sure?" Chongyun asked, pulling away from Xingqiu as he faces her.

"Yes, I am. Why do you think I wouldn't go back here? I would definitely come back here and stay here until my last breath." Y/n chuckled as Chongyun just stared at her.

All of them laughed, but their laughs seemed a little forced as she just smiled.

"Y/n, are you...?" Yanfei asked as Y/n flinched and looked at her in shock. "I won't! I'm just saying that to reassure him, that's all!" Y/n replied as Yanfei sighed in relief.

Hu Tao looked at her suspiciously, 'How did she immediately know what Yanfei is talking about?'

Hu Tao tightened her grasp on Yanfei's hands in instinct.

"Thank the Archons, I really thought you were." Yanfei chuckled as Y/n just laughed.

While everyone else were chatting with Kazuha before they went back to Inazuma, she wanted to think of how he knew.

Flashback

After Kazuha left their home, Y/n immediately informed the doctor. Just then, Chongyun arrived after Kazuha left and heard Y/n talking to someone to come now since Kazuha's gone away.

At first, Chongyun thought she was cheating on him. He listened very carefully and waited until someone suddenly arrived as he tried to hide somewhere to not let the person see him. He felt bad that he was spying on her, but he was curious.

Curiosity kills the cat, I guess.

After a while, the person-, well, the doctor he thought Y/n was cheating with, entered and sat down. They started talking about some things he couldn't understand.

Chongyun's POV:

After the doctor entered, I tried to listen to their conversation. I don't know what they're talking about but I'm getting worried. Well, atleast it doesn't seem like she's cheating on him, right? But joking aside, I'm worried...

"Good day to you, Ms. L/n. Well, Mrs. Kaedehara, if I must say." The doctor greeted as I carefully listened. "Good day to you too, doctor." Y/n smiled and sat down gently, since she is indeed pregnant.

After a while of them chatting, they finally bought up something serious. "Let's talk about the situation." The doctor spoke as Y/n sighed and nodded.

"Why did it take a while for it to take effect on me? It's been a year and a half ever since it... Happened." Y/n started as she caressed her swelling stomach. It's so big, is she carrying triplets? If so, that's so awesome.

"I have no idea, either. For most Allogenes, it took effect almost immediately after. The longest one of them lasted was up to a month or a week. And for the first time it happened, it was the fastest. But you, on the other hand, are the longest yet to survive it." The doctor explained.

Wait, what's happening? I'm so confused.

"I... I see. How long is it again before..." Y/n trailed off as she held her head down. "Approximately a year and a half, for the longest. While for the shortest we can measure, it would be a few months. Probably 9-11 months if possible. You're very lucky to still have a few time left. But if it does happen, you'll have to move before it gets worse." The doctor responded.

What is "it", exactly?? I'm so confused!

"You're saying I'll need to..." Y/n asked as I looked at her. She was motioning something... Something like- WAIT... No... What?

"Exactly. It sounds excruciating but that's the only way to stop. You might be able to handle the medicine he drinks to relieve his pain since you're just a human, after all." The doctor explained. I froze at the spot when I realized. There's no way. (I really think this part blew away my plan but that's the thing, I need to give out some clues so it wouldn't be "sudden" 😭)

"Is there any way to... To stop it?" Y/n asked, desperate for a direct answer. "Unfortunately, we have not obtained that yet." The doctor replied. I turned my back from them and walked a little bit, away from the window. That made a lot of rustling sound, I'm sure!

I have to hide somewhere before someone arrives. I hid behind the bushes as the doctor took a little peek outside. Thank the Archons he didn't see me.

I stood up and held my chest as I started to breathe heavily, I can't believe it. Is it true? Is she really...? I'm so scared for her, I don't want her to leave Liyue just yet. She can't, just not yet. It's too early...

I sighed and took a deep breath. I looked back and saw the doctor already bidding goodbyes and taking his stuff. He stood up and walked out of the house, leaving Y/n alone. She gently stood up and lead the way to the door.

"Thank you for visiting, doc. I appreciate it, and see you next time, I hope." Y/n spoke as the doctor chuckled and walked away.

I watched as she closed the door and went back inside in tears. I'm still in so much shock, I'm starting to tear up. I want to tell others but I know she doesn't want to let anyone else know. It's so hard...

I rushed back to our house in tears as I try to stop. I can't explain it to Xingqiu anyway!

To be Continued.

I'm the one getting annoyed by my own cliffhangers 🥰🥰