13

(I tried to make the stutterings at least make sense, because how can you stutter out the "c" in "c-can"? 💀) (don't mind my dumb self)

"If you're already tired, you can sleep before me. I still have a few things to do." Kazuha explained as Y/n just nodded and yawned. "Alright, stay safe." She replied as Kazuha then walked out of the room.

Y/n closed her eyes and relaxed, the day was exhausting for her. And her injuries made it worse, especially her back. Thankfully, her back didn't hurt much when she was in combat.

Moments after, Y/n finally fell asleep. Kazuha walked back inside with her already asleep. "Sigh, thankfully you're already ready for bed before you fell asleep," Kazuha mumbled to no one in particular as he gently walked toward her and laid down next to her.

He then caressed her head, touching her oh-so-gently as if she was a fragile glass that would break just by a simple tap. Suddenly, his smile disappeared and slowly turned into a frown. "Why must destiny be so cruel to us? I hate the way that I can only do this when you're asleep. I hate the way that I can only love you when you're unaware. I only wanted to enjoy your warmth, hug you with lots of love, and kiss you passionately... I never wanted anything to happen the way it did... Y/n, I will always love you. Although, you might still hate me for what happened between us... I will love you forever." He spoke and kissed her forehead gently, not wanting to wake her up.

He then fell into his deep slumber. The next day, their old neighbor visited them inside and saw how the two cuddled each other tightly in their sleep. Kazuha was awoken by the sound of the old granny's footsteps. "You lovebirds are finally awake, I'm sorry to bother your sleep but you youngsters need to start waking up early." She spoke as Kazuha hesitantly sat up and adjusted to the sudden bright light.

"What time is it?" He asked. "Almost noon. Wake your wife up and eat up." Kazuha just nodded, not noticing how the granny phrased her sentence. "Okay." The granny then walked out of the room. Kazuha sighed and yawned, still trying to wake himself up.

"Y/n, wake up now. Breakfast is ready." Kazuha spoke up and shook her shoulders gently. "No, no. Don't wake me up, no..." She mumbled and hugged Kazuha's arms tightly. "Wha-Y/n?" He called out, but Y/n didn't budge.

"Y/n, wake up now. You don't want our food to get cold now, don't you?" He chuckled as Y/n just groaned in annoyance. "I don't care." She replied and continued to sleep.

Kazuha could only sigh as she tightens her hold on his arms. But then, he suddenly thought of a plan. He used his Anemo powers to blow wind toward her. Y/n then removed her grasp on his arm as she tried to stop the wind's blow on her face. "Wake up now, we should eat before it gets cold." He spoke as he stood up and walked out of the room. Y/n sighed and forced herself to sit up.

Once she went out of the room, she was greeted by Kazuha waiting for her outside. "You're finally awake." Kazuha sighed as Y/n just plopped down to her seat. "Eat up. And also, I'm gonna go back to captain Beidou later. I cannot reassure you that it won't take that long, so it's better to move back in with Ms. Kamisato." He explained.

"I see, alright. Take care then." She replied as Kazuha just continued to eat. After eating, Kazuha immediately told her to pack her things and she just obliged.

After that, they went to the Kamisato Estate. "Alright, thank you for letting me stay in your place. Stay safe." Y/n stated as Kazuha just smiled and nodded.

But before Kazuha walked off, he sneaked in a little something which shocked Y/n. He gave her a peck on the lips as he quickly ran out of the estate.

"Y/n? You're already on good terms with your fiancee? And you didn't tell me?" Ayaka suddenly spoke, which startled Y/n as she quickly looked behind in suspicion. "What?! No! I don't even know why he did that!" She yelled back as Ayaka just chuckled and lead her back inside.