24

After eating, the two went straight to Wangshu Inn to visit Xiao. But when they arrived, they were suddenly stopped by Zhongli.

"Oh, hey there! Long time no see, Mr. Zhongli." Y/n smiled as he smiled back at her gently. "Yeah, long time no see. May it be that you came back for him?" Zhongli asked, which made her look at him, visibly confused.

"What do you mean?" Y/n asked as Kazuha tightened his grip on her hand. "Oh, nothing. Forget about that." Zhongli sighed while Y/n could only glance at Kazuha who also seemed uncomfortable.

"I see you have bought your friend?" Zhongli stated in a questioning tone, while the two of them just sighed at him. "Zhongli, we've been through this. Way before I even started living here, I already explained to you that I'm engaged. Well, he's my fiancée, and I'm pregnant with his child." Y/n explained as Zhongli just smiled.

"I see, alright then. I hope you two have a good day, you may go." Zhongli smiled as the two nodded at him and went upstairs. Zhongli sighed and couldn't help but worry about Xiao, his heart softened ever since he met her, but Zhongli couldn't, no, he will never be able to get them together.

"Darling, why did he act that way earlier?" Spoke Kazuha as they were walking up the stairs. "Sigh, it's a long story love. Do you want me to tell you after this? I can explain everything that happened ever since I got here in Liyue." Y/n replied as Kazuha gladly smiled and nodded.

"Sure,"

After a while, they finally arrived to where she used to stay. Y/n told Kazuha to stay back and hide since she knew Xiao wouldn't appear with someone else being there.

But she didn't even have to call out his name as he already appeared in front of them. "What do you need?" Xiao asked, his arms crossed as he stood there with an emotionless face.

'He's never done this before, was he waiting for me to arrive?'

"We just came to visit you. I haven't seen you for so long!" Y/n then ran to him to tackle him into a hug, but he moved away just before their skin made contact. "What are you doing?" Xiao nonchalantly asked as Y/n tried to pick herself up since she almost fell to the ground. Kazuha immediately rushed to her and gently helped her stand up.

"Ah-! Xiao? Are you mad...?" Y/n asked, her voice trembling as she stared at him in shock.. Her eyes was starting to tear up while Xiao only glared at her. "Why would I be? There's no reason to bother even thinking about it." Xiao coldly replied and just stared at her who was starting to tear up. For the first time, Kazuha couldn't bring himself to speak up. No, he didn't even know what to say.

"What is wrong with you? Is this how you would treat a woman?" Kazuha gently let go of Y/n who held onto the railings as he slowly walked towards Xiao. "How else should I treat mere mortals such as you?" Xiao only glared at him with his sharp, gold eyes. Kazuha glared back at him as Xiao just scoffed.

"You should treat others the way you want to be treated." Kazuha replied as he stood there with an obvious frown. "Hmm... You know, the wind has told me multiple stories about you. Multiple, horrible stories." Kazuha smirked as Xiao looked visibly threatened.

"What do you mean by that? Are you threatening me, you mortal?" Xiao's voice raised as he glared dangerously at him. "You're an Adeptus, am I right?" Kazuha asked and crossed his arms at him.

"I will take that as a yes. People only call you when they need you, but they never, ever had done something for you, have they? They treat you like an object, a thing they need but don't take care of it. Quite shock to see you have an Anemo vision, really." Kazuha explained while Xiao just looked at him, he was taken aback by his sudden statement.