44

Hi! This might be the last chapter, I'm not sure! Hope you all enjoy reading!

~

Shortly, the boat was already near Liyue. It's unbelievable, the new shortcut they found made it way easier.

Y/n didn't answer the twins' question, and just avoided it in general.

"The medicine helps a lot for relieving the pain. Somehow, the doctor has access to it. I don't know how, but he told me to trust him." Y/n replied.

The twins felt uneasy, they felt that she was hiding something from them.

"Is that so..." Aether awkwardly mumbled.

For the rest of the ride, Y/n sat alone. She avoided talking to anyone and tried to make everything as simple.

Soon enough, they arrived at Liyue. Y/n planned on going straight to the doctor, take the medicine, and take off once again.

"Good afternoon Beidou! Thank you for letting me sail with you. Just a question, are you gonna take off soon?" Y/n asked Beidou who was cleaning the boat.

"Oh, good afternoon to you too! Don't sweat it, I do it for you guys all the time. And unfortunately, it'll take another 2 days to sail. Some of the packages takes too long to arrive. I won't be sailing for another 48 to 72 hours as requested by Ningguang." Beidou explained and continued cleaning up.

Y/n froze up. She didn't know about that.

Y/n's Point of View:

After getting in the boat, I planned to just go visit the doctor and take the medicine home.

While we were in the middle of the ocean, the twins approached me.

"Hey Y/n! Aether and I just wanted to ask you something if that's alright with you." Lumine asked, walking toward me.

"Sure, what is it?" I replied with a weary smile and looked back into the ocean. How I wish I could've gone there with them.

"About the medicine you're taking." I tensed up hearing her words.

"Remedium Tertiorum, isn't that lethal to mortals?" Aether asked curiously, waiting for a reply.

"Well, it does help a lot to ease the pain. Dr. Shu said to trust him on how he managed to get that medicine, so I did. He was quite shady at first, to be honest. But I trust him."

The twins hummed and didn't bother anymore. I didn't yrll them in fear of them stopping me. That's the only hope for me to continue living with my family.

Though, whenever I take them, there's a huge chance of feeling more pain, hence dying. But nonetheless, it worked everytime I took it.

Soon, we were already in Liyue. Before the twins left, they approached me once again.

"Hey Y/n! Paimon thinks this may be the last time we meet, so the twins wanted to say goodbye to you, and hope to see you again!" Paimon exclaimed.

Y/n smiled. For some reason, she felt sorrow. She felt guilt. She felt sadness. She felt... Everything at once.

"Is-is that so..." My voice quavered in sadness and tried to avoid their eyes.

"No need to feel so down, I'm sure we'll meet again." Aether smiled and patted me.

I flinched, suddenly remembering about my condition. They've been patting me even in Inazuma, what if-!?

"You two kept touching me, what if you-?" I was cut off by Aether and Lumine patting my shoulders again with a warmer smile.