seven.

Y/n paced Mike's basement, chewing her nails. She couldn't believe it, Will was alive. And this girl, this random ass girl had superpowers.

"What was Will saying?" Mike asked sitting next to El who was taking up a portion of the couch by laying on it, but no one complained.

"Like home....like home...but dark?" Dustin answered frowning.

"And empty." Lucas added.

"Empty and cold. Wait, did he say cold?" Dustin asked.

"I don't know. The stupid radio kept going in and out." Lucas said.

Y/n sighed "It's like riddles in the dark." She mumbled shaking her head, pausing in the middle of the room.

"Like home. Like his house?" Mike asked as he also begam pacing around, but a lot slower than Y/n was.

"Or maybe like Hawkins." Lucas suggested.

"Upside down." Eleven's small voice said, catching everyone's attention.

Y/n looked back at her "Pause, what did you say?" She asked.

"Upside down." Mike said walking over to the D&D board.

"What?"

"Upside down." Mike repeated sitting down "When El showed us where Will was, she flipped the board over, remember?" He asked.

Dustin, Lucas, and Y/n crowded around their friend "Where are you going with this?" Y/n asked.

"Upside down. Dark. Empty." Mike said tapping the back end of the board.

"Do you understand what he's talking about?" Lucas asked looking at Y/n and Dustin.

"No." Dustin answered.

"No.....not really." Y/n mumbled crossing her arms.

Mike sighed "Guys, come on, just think about it." He said "When El took us to find will, she lead us to his house, right?"

"Yeah. And he wasn't there." Lucas said.

Y/n snapped her fingers "Maybe he was there, and we just couldn't see him." She said in realization.

"Exactly! What if he was just on the other side." Mike added glad that someone understood what he meant.

Y/n grabbed the board and flipped it face up "Think about this being Hawkins." She said, flipping it back over "And this is the upside down place, where Will is. Dustin said she put his piece on this side of the board, she obviously did it for a reason."

"Like The Vale of Shadows." Dustin said in realization.

"Holy shit." Lucas whispered.

Dustin hopped up, and grabbed Mike's D&D book. He slammed it on the table, and flipped it open. He flipped the pages a few times, before he finally found the right one.

"The Vale of Shadows, is a dimension that is a dark reflection or echo of our world." Dustin read off, "It is a place of decay, and death. A plane out of phase. A place of monsters. It is right next to you, and you don't even see it." He finished.

"That sounds exactly like what Will was saying." Y/n said sitting down in the open chair.

"An alternate dimension." Mike said.

"But....how...how dowe get there?" Lucas asked.

"You cast shadow walk." Dustin answered.

"He meant in real life Dusty." Y/n said chewing her nails again.