sixty-one

Chrissy Cunningham had been murdered, and she died at Eddie's place. It hadn't been announced, but Eddie was definitely a suspect. Dustin didn't think he was guilty, and neither did Max(sorta). Max explained how the lights at her house had flicked, which reminded everyone of the upside down.

So Max, Y/n, Dustin, Steve, and Robin all worked together to help. Whenever a customer would show up, Steve or Robin would take turns helping them. Eventually they were lead to a man named Reefer Rick, the man Eddie got his drugs from. Reefer Rick lived all the way down by Lovers Lake, a nice isolated place.

After closing, everyone piled into Steve's car and they made the trip. The sun had setted and it was dark out. Y/n stared at the lonely house, just below the house was a boat house. But no one paid any attention to it. In the back waistband of Y/n's jeans was her gun, the same pistol she had stolen from her dad years ago. She didn't know Eddie that well, and she wanted to be safe.

"So, you guys think he's here?" Y/n asked as all three of them walked up the steps to the front door.

Steve shrugged "Lets hope so." He said throwing his flashlight in the air, making it spin, and catching it.

Dustin pressed the door bell once, waited a minute and then rang it again. Already impatient, he began pressing it over and over. There were no sound inside the house, and it seemed so dead inside.

"Okay. Well, that's settled, I guess he's not here." Steve said with a shrug.

"Eddie! It's Dustin!" The boy screamed completely ignoring Steve.

"Great." Steve sighs.

Y/n rolled her eyes "If I were a wanted man, and I heard people yelling my name, aggressively ringing the door bell, and poinding at the door, I'd be scared shitless." She said looking around the isolated area.

"Look, we just wanna talk, okay?" Dustin shouted "No cops, I swear. We just wanna help!"

Y/n looked over at Robin, who was peering in the window. Dustin continued to bang on the door, shouting his friends name.

"Shhhh!" Robin hissed looking at him "Y/n's right." She said.

"Think he heard us and ran?" Max asked.

"Rick!" Dustin shouted ringing the doorbell at a slower pace, "Reefer Rick!" He shouts once more banging on the door.

Y/n sighed "Dustin, what makes you think he's home?" She asked, "He's in jail remember?"

"And don't scream that!" Steve exclaimed with a scowl.

Max moved away fron the group, and Y/n watched her with a frown "Max?" She asked.

"Rick!" Dustin shouted.

"He's not there." Steve sighed "Like Y/n said he's-"

"Reefer Rick!"

Y/n looked back glaring at Dustin "Dude!" She hissed "Shut the hell up."

Dustin looked at Y/n "Maybe he's just really high." He suggested with a shrug.

"Who? Reefer Rick or Eddie?" Robin joked hoping to lighten the mood.

Y/n snickered "Both."

"Is that a foot?" Steve asked as he peered through the window.

"No, that's a shoe." Dustin answered an a 'obviously' tone.

"Hey, guys." Max calls from a bit away "What about the boay house?" She suggested.

The four by the door, walked over to where she stood. Y/n stared at the boat house and shrugged "Yeah, that seems better than the house." She said.

Robin shrugged "Worth a shot." She said "After you Dustin."