forty

Later that night after closing, Y/n, Steve, Robin, and Dustin were up on the Starcourt roof. It was pouring rain, and Y/n was soaked and tired. Dustin had the binoculars, and was looking down at the people below them from the shipping company for the mall.

"look for Imperial Panda and Kaufman Shoes!" Robin said loudly, since it was hard to hear anything over the rain.

Y/n squinted her eyes, trying her best to get a better look at these guys. Even with a rain jacket, it didn't cover her from the rain. Her hair stuck to the side of her face, and water dripped down. Y/n watched as a man in a yellow rain jacket walked out, he was pushing a cart stacked with boxes.

"They're with that whistling guy, ten o'clock." Dustin exclaimed loudly.

"What could possibly be in there?" Y/n questioned bringing a hand up and wiping her face.

"Guns?" Dustin suggested.

"Bombs maybe." Steve added.

"Chemical weapons?" Robin added.

"Well, whatever it is, these guys are armed to the teeth." Y/n sighed shaking her head.

Steve scoffed "Great." He said sarcastically, wiping the water from his face and eyes "Thats great."

"Hey, whats in there?" Robin asked as a pair of double doors opened.

"It's just more boxes." Dustin said.

"Let me check it out." Steve said reaching over to take the binoculars from the small child.

Dustin pulled away "No, I'm still looking." He argued.

"Lemme see it."

"Hang on!"

BANG

The binoculars had hit a hard piece of metal, alerting the gunman that people were watching. Y/n grabbed Steve's hand, and pulled him down with her. Steve gripped Y/n's hand tightly and she looked over at him, sending him a glare.

"Idiot." Y/n hissed to him shaking her head.

"I'm sorry!"

Y/n, still soaked, walked into Steve's house silently. She was tired and annoyed at bow saoked she was, instantly she went upstairs.

"Babe!" Steve called after her, a frown on his face as he slowly followed her upstairs soaked himself.

Y/n ignored him and went to his room, quickly peeling off the rain jacket. Mumbling under her breath, Y/n peeled off her uniform dropping it to the ground. When Steve walked into his room, he quickly spun away from his girlfriend.

"Babe! You have no clothes on!" He exclaimed panicked, and his heart racing.

Y/n sighed "Steve, you can look." She grumbled "I'm gonna take a hot shower, can you toss my uniform in the wash?" She asked.

Steve gulped and slowly looked back at Y/n, his heart racing practically out of his chest. He watched as she grabbed a towel from his closet, wearing only her bra and underwear. He couldn't help but let his eyes wander down her body, his jeans tightening. She was just so beautiful.

Y/n grabbed a towel, and looked back at Steve. His face was flushed pink, and he was just staring at her. Y/n had been too irritated to realize what was happening, or what she had said. Her eyes went wide, and her heart picked up.